What can i do about feeling so down and depressed?

Posted , 8 users are following.

Im about to turn 51 and ive started having menopausal symptoms for about 2 months now. Most of the physical things i can handle but this depression and paranoia im experiencing is the worst thing ever. My husband of 28 years died last yeae and im in a new relationship and its going great but there are days that i know im driving him crazy because needing constant reassurance that he loves me and asking him stupid questions. Every time i start to feel crazy i feel the need to put it on him with questions and crazy concerns that dont mean anything. How do i just turn off my brain?

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Same!!! My anxiety is so bad and I walk 4.5 miles a day and nothing works 

I called my gyno begging for an appt I feel like I am going mad I can’t sleep because of it the weight issue and pains hair loss ect just adds gas to the fire 

I have pains in my chest and the list goes on but man this  anxiery is the worst I wish I could say I have some awesome advice but i am in the boat with you trying not to jump 😉😁

• Posted

Hi Angela,  I am sorry for your loss and happy that you are in a new relationship.  This is a very weird time for all of us.  More sensitive than usual, irritable, etc.  I have a strong feeling that your “ paranoia” as you put it stems from losing someone of 28 years.  We cannot really shut off our thoughts, our brains were put in our heads to think...even if the thoughts are irrational.  Maybe explain a little about menopause to your new love and why you are asking questions, etc.  Any man that is worth his weight  will understand.  On the other hand, I’ve been married 19 years...I prefer him to stay outta my way somedays!  But, would be devastated if he was not here anymore.  Take good care!  😊🤗

• Posted

Thank you. He is great and is very supportive but this is just rediculous. I've never been this whiny before.

• Posted

Not sure how to turn off the brain but keeping busy helps---exercise, friends, projects.  My anxiety gets overwhelming at times but when I feel like I accomplished something it feels good.  I'm sure your new guy understands.  The good thing is your aware what you are doing and want to find something that helps.  My spouse of 20 years has high anxiety and needs constant reassurance and has many questions and concerns.  It does drive me crazy because I have dealt with this all these years and at this time I need the extra support.  I'm still trying to take care of ME and make sure kids have their needs met.  He is oblivious with all.

• Posted

Thank you. Keeping my mind occupied does help some but keeping focused is also a problem.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.