What can I do please. I can't go on like this

Posted , 12 users are following.

I wish I had a decent psychiatrist, mine has had me on 15mg of mirtazapine daily, and nothing else at all.

I had to almost beg my gp for some valium to help me sleep as the mirt keeps me awake. I now take 15mg valium at night that sometimes gets me to sleep but more often than not I am awake for 4 nights and sleep for one.

my day is spent sitting in the kitchen staring out of the widow. I am very tearfull and have lost ALL motivation to do anything at all. my life is just an existance, the only thing i look forward to is going back to bed.

My psychiatrist said I have to make the effort myself to get up and do things, but I can't Im to depressed to do anything. I can see no future at all for me. I am 62, I am just waiting to die as there is nothing else to live for. any advice please.

thanks

Roger

3 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Phew that's a relief Roger I was really worried about you.  Thanks for letting us know. Please don't do this again,  my nerves can't stand it!  Take care x
  • Posted

Thank you all very much for your concerns over my wellbeing.

I apologise if I caused anybody undue worry

Thank you

Roger

• Posted

Firstly, I like your username. He created the Bladerunner music right? 62 is just a number, you can still go out, date etc Maybe try some sort of dancing if you're single, can be a great way to meet people-You could also go with a partner/friend. You start out with no motivation. I forced myself to go to work with depression and anxiety. It helps to get a bit of normaility going. Maybe you'd benefit from a pet too? Dogs are great company and going on walks could be helpful for both of you-dogs are also a great way of interacting with other owners. It will help to focus on positive human interaction and using your life experience to help others. Also actively looking for things to be greatful for helps. Meditation is good too. Maybe you could look at a career? You can be any age. A neighbour of my Grandma is doing a social work degree and is of about your age, never tell yourself it's too late. The oldest person to go to university was over 90 I think. You can be happy, just keep asking yourself how you can make yourself feel better. Hope this helps, Al.
    • Posted

Hi. Im glad you like my username, but that is my surname and the 1952 is the year I was born. Theres not many vangellises in the uk. I was  bborn in the ik the name comes from my great x 8 Grandfather who moved to the uk in  the early 1800s.

I saw my gp again on friday as after the useless shrink i have rrefused to admit me even though my gp said he wanted me admitted he phoned me and told me to go and see him straight away. He put me on sertraline 50mg along woith my 15mg mirtazapine. He said very often a drug combo can be veryv effective. Have/are any of you been or are on this combo

Please excuse spelling. Its not me iyts this stupid phone :-)

Regards

Roger

• Posted

Well Im on Sertraline 200mg daily and 300mg every night for anxiety. Also I take 7.5mg every night. I suffer from OCD comorbidly alongside depression, Ive had no side effects so far. I think the best bet is to read look at side effects (Think you can do so on this site. If you experience problems or anything out of the ordinary, don't hesitate to tell your doctor. Ps don't be intimidated by the list, drugs companies have to list something even if it has only been present in one case, probably for legal reasons (My go told me this) Regular exercise can do just as much for someone as medication. From my time studying psychology, those who took regular cardiovascular exercise found a reduction in depressive symptoms that rivaled a course of antidepressants (exercise releases endorphines) Hope this helps, sorry if its a bit wordy.
    • Posted

Thanks Allycats.

Are you taking mirtazapine as well.

My gp told me to wean myself of the mirtt. I did it once before and it is living hell:-(

Roger

• Posted

Roger I am not having a go but it is never a good idea to put your first and last name on a public site like this.  You never know if any weirdo out there will try and trace you for whatever reason.  I am worried about your privacy. x
    • Posted

Thanks for the heads up on that  hypercat. 

Regards

Roger

• Posted

You are welcome Roger.  I have heard some horror stories of people being traced from information they have given on line and I would hate this to happen to you.

Bev x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.