what causes to be tired all the time - I know depression is one of them

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have always been overweight and this time since 2011-2013 I have gained even more because of the situation I was in where I couldn't even eat healthy at the time. I remembered even when I was 20 lbs overweight and when I went back to the gym trying to lose weight for the second time, I get tired all the time whereas in 2009 I wasn't. (I did eat less the first time with no problem) I am almost 35 years old. This time trying to lose weight, I know depression plays in it to why I am tired but don't understand why it is all the time. I know in 2012, iron is still good when they did blood work but my liver ezymes is very high. Would it be the ezymes that causes it even when 20 lb overweight when get older when I tried to lose weight the second time? This is my third time trying knowing that I hate being tired all the time because of depression and hopefully deal with life better like before after losing my job for my own safety due to anxiety, depression and suicidual thoughts. I just cannot afford keep going to the community health to find out what's going on what causes tiredness all the time beside depression

3 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

It could be just diet eating clean no sugars carbs and junk food. Or mabe blood tests needed to see if you are low in vit D-B-12 Bcomplex potasssium magnesium. Dehydration is another on that can cause aches pains headaches extreme tiredness. 

Autoimmune disorder arthritis or RA, diabetes.

or going thru menopause can zap the energy out of a train.

many exercise just a walk get out side to get the good hormones going.

when was the last time you had a complete physical work up. 

Just a few ideas.

Hooe xxxxx 🌞

• Posted

Hi kayla. I was completely knackered and put all of it down to depression. The dr did bloods in the end as i was exhausted. I was vitamin b12 deficient & vitamin d extremely low. Xx i have been prescribed meds to correct this ad they cause fatigue. Also if u get magnesium supplements from health shops thats good for fatigue and has other benefits. Ask yr dr to check yr thyoid function kayla if not already done so. Unsure wether the liver enzymes involved xxx

• Posted

Hi kayla hope your well, I imagine your comfort eating which is completely normal in depression, we all know that chocolate sweet foods stuff we gorg on is all really high in sugar this is why it makes you feel good, however it's not high in carbs and other things and therefore the energy boast you get from they does not last long at all,so you either eat more or as you describe you feel zapped (tired) because the sugar rush increases the heart rate etc

If you try to imagine it like a phone if you start all the apps up at once your battery dies really quickly but if you plug the phone into a socket charge open all the apps it'll still die but very slowly because the power is constant

You need to eat every two hours to keep the metabolism burning fruit etc is high in sugars so you still get the feel good facture but it's slow release so you don't get as tired it's like being plugged in the most important thing to do keep an eye on portion control there are plates that you can buy that'll help you control that eating every two hours may seem a lot but it's like half an apple or a few grapes

Try eating foods are high in g I numbers salmon,chicken eggs (whites) you will find you have a lot more energy and may even start to lose weight and get more exercise

This will also help you start to feel better about yourself seeing the weight come off and will help combat the depression I understand it's a vicious circle before you hit the gym make sure you remember little steps yes!! Get your energy levels right and your diet and you'll benifet a lot more

Hope this helps you X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.