What could this be? Tingles/cold stings/ashes/pins and needles all over my body

Posted , 2 users are following.

So, I'm having those weird sensations for two weeks now. Cold stings, ashes, pins and needles, tingles all over my body. Happen random. Some are always around the same spot. But it's hard to locate. I don't know if they are in my muscles or nerves or skin.

My doctor says it is probably hyperventilation/stress/anxiety. I must say, last 4 months have been quite the roller coaster for me. It started with insecurity about my private area. Turned all out to be fine, but it took me 3/4 months of insecurity, anxiety and sometimes a light depression to realize that. Two days I was totally fine. And then these weird sensations started.

Back to the doctor, he didn't think anything big was wrong, and he thought it might be hyperventilation or something like that. If I google the symptoms I might have MS. Which scares me so much and makes me even more anxious.

There are times I don't feel anything weird and feel normal. Usually when I'm distracted or sometimes also just random. But most of the time there is something too feel in my body, that doesn't feel right.

Currently visiting a Cesar Therapist and she is experienced and says that she can do something for me. Luckily! But I'm still really insecure about this. Can all these complaints really be caused by hyperventilation/anxiety/stress or something like that? I'm really scared. I should stop googling haha.

Another thing what might be causing this, is also something I've read: I've been on ciproflaxin for 3 weeks and that these symptoms might be side effects. My doctor says it's very unlikely. Because it's already out of my body since that has been 6 weeks ago.

What do you all think? I could really use some more help!

Thanks in advance!

Btw, I'm a 23 year old male.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Have you had blood tests recently?.Deficiency in Vitamin B12 symptoms include tingling and pins and needles.Also folate deficiency can cause these symptoms.Definately worth getting a full blood panel done if you havent already.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.