WHAT CUT DID YOU HAVE??

Posted , 10 users are following.

I AM JUST CURIOUS... HOW MANY WOMEN HAD "ABDOMINAL" CUT, "BIKINI LINE CUT", "VAGINALLY", 'THROUGH THE BELLY BUTTON" OR OTHER...

iF YOU HAD ABDOMINAL.. HOW MANY STAPLES/STITCHES DID YOU HAVE???

I HAD FULL ABDOMINAL, 22 STAPLES... NICE LINE STRAIGHT DOWN sad

WHAT DID YOU HAVE?

3 likes, 56 replies

56 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I had the lapro thankfully ..3 small keyhole ones with three stitches. ..taken. Out vaginal. Way ..feeling relieved 😌 x
    • Posted

I HEARD THAT IS THE BEST WAY... IM SO HAPPY FOR YOU... AMAZING ISN'T IT... SO MANY OF US HAVE HAD DIFFERENT WAYS TO TAKE CARE OF OUR ISSUES...

WHAT IS A "KEYHOLE" ???

• Posted

Horizontal Abdominal bikini line cut, internal stitches and tape on the cut which came off after 2 weeks and then I applied vitamin E cream three times a day. It healed beautifully. However tummy still sore and bloated with niggly pains, op was 13 weeks ago today. 
    • Posted

THAT SOUNDS LIKE IT REALLY WENT WELL... SO THEY ONLY DID INTERNAL STITCHES?!?!  NOTHING HOLDING THE OUTSIDE BUT TAPE??? HMMMMM...

I CANT WAIT TO USE VITAMIN E CREAM.. SHE SAID NOT YET sad

GUESS WE ALL HAVE THAT BLOATED LOOK, NO MATTER WHAT TYPE OF CUT WE HAD...

• Posted

My Oncologist was an older man (nearing retirement) and he is renowned for his surgical skills.  All the nurses kept asking to see my wound!  I have ok photos!
    • Posted

Sounds like you had a good one!

That's funny they all wanted to see it....

My stomach was so swollen, I couldn't look downand see the bottom part sad

I was told "better you can't".. I guess it didn't look too good sad

• Posted

DEb.... how soon after OP did you start the vitamin E cream????

I want to start NOW sad

• Posted

Hi Mintdream

I had total abdominal and had 23 staples outside , bikini line cut.plus a sticth further up where I had a wound drain.

Hows your recovery going ?

• Posted

Hi Dededee

yes im in uk, im 9 and half weeks post op

what about you

• Posted

13 weeks. Still getting bloated tummy discomfort and niggly pain in right side. Had a couple of nasty viral infections, had a lousy Christmas. Hot flushes and sleepless nights, but hopefully clear of cancer when I get my check up at end of March.
    • Posted

Poor you its s nightmare isnt it,

the whole thing has knocked me sideways, I love my job and sm super organised evrryone always joke about everything in my life is regimented, I havne had a dsybif dick in over 5 yeard.

NOT NOW!!! Dont know if its hormones,the op, beiing of work or just everything but im dreading work next week and am quite happy cocooned in the house.

Hoping once im at eork it will all be good again.

are you back at work? And are you on HRT.

keeping everything crossed for you end of March.

On the up side I am loking forward to bring pain.

• Posted

WOW....THAT WAS QUITE A CUT... WISH I HAD A BIKINI LINE sad

THE INCISION IS FINE, ITS WIERD FEELING, LIKE A CORD, STRAIGHT DOWN THE BELLY sad  ITCHES A LIL ' NOW AT 8 WEEKS POST... STILL GET SIDE PAINS SITTING A LONG TIME.

BUT.... IN ALL... I KNOW IM BETTER HAVING IT DONE smile

DID YOU HAVE AN INFECTION??? THE WOUND DRAIN??

• Posted

Went back at 6& half weeks, too early, I think 10 weeks would have been better for me! Can't go on hrt till cleared from cancer, might not start it until after our planned holiday in uk cause knowing my luck I will have a reaction to it! Just have to live with hot flushes till then!  I love my work but I know what you mean about becoming a recluse, it is good to get back but you may be surprised at how tired you get!  I am 54 so more difficult the older you are and I have a big commute in and out of Melbourne every day.

let me know how work goes, and remember if you don't feel well then you need to go home!

• Posted

No didnt have infection I think it was to remove excess blood and fluid to prevent infection, it wss in for 48 hours.

know what you mean about cant sit in same position for to long I still have that too

• Posted

Yes i will thanks, HRT has worked thankfully still get the odd hot sweats and tearful days but can cope with them.

everyone says it can take 6 months or so for our bodies to get back to 100%, I can really see why now.

where are you visiting in the uk

• Posted

Ohhhhhh... thank god they did that then... amazing what they have to do... all of us have different variations of the OP... but the same ending... "HEALING"  smile

Thanks for sharing Luisa!

ps... I tried side sleeping, normal... hurts only on my left side.. and that's the side that hurts from sitting.. wierd..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.