What do i do now?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I'm in a weird place. I've been off my ssri's for 1 and a half weeks after not being able to sleep and feeling sick to my stomach. I have these headaches thay are brutally beating on me, preventing me from sleeping, and i'm unsure if it's because i quit my meds or i'm just in a depressive slump. 5 days ago i called a crisis line for the first time and they supplied me with a place and number where i could go talk to a mental healthcare professional but i don't have any interest or intent to call. 4 Days ago i was planning to kill myself in the next 3 days because of how i felt but now i feel indifference. It's well weird because i saw my best friend this morning and usually I'm extremely excited to see and talk to him, but today there was just nothing. I don't really feel like i'm in a depressive state but i don't feel all too well either. I don't really know what to do, i don't even know what i should do, i don't even really "want" to do anything either?

I guess i'll sleep through the next four days until i can figure this out. I know it's not good but it's the only thing i can do?

2 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

You have to try and help yourself go and get some help
    • Posted

How do i get help if i don't even know what's wrong with me?
    • Posted

Go to a doctor  a psychiatrist a councellor you choose
  • Posted

Why did you come off your meds? Did you go cold turkey? If so, that's what's causing your problems. Start taking them again, and ask your doc how you should reduce, when you are ready
    • Posted

Because they really mess with my sleep and they only thing they do for me is make me sick to my stomach. i've been on the same meds for almost a year now off and on for the same reasons and my family doctor refuses to change my meds until i take them for 4 months straight and i just can't do that.
  • Posted

Hiya

Please consult doctor soon and get your life on track with meds and/or therapy.

take care

• Posted

and say what? I went cold turkey on my meds again? I feel like i've completely lost myself? I don't even want a doctors help but i'm here because i don't know?
  • Posted

How long were you on your ssi?  Going off anything suddenly can cause a whole host of problems including poor sleep, headaches, malaise, on and on.  Why did the docs not just switch your ssi instead of having you just stop it?  Depression is hard and likes to convince your brain and body that you are insignificant, worthless, etc., but it is the disease talking.  Your brain and body want you to thrive, be happy and joyous, involved in your own life and in the life of others.  Baby steps...build on those little steps and do seek another doc and the hotline number. It does help to talk to others face to face and it helps to push yourself to do something nice for someone else that may be more needy than you.  These are not miracle cures but will help kick start your own brain's endorphins.  Try to talk to someone who always can make you laugh.  We all know that person (I am that person!) and they can usually make you laugh about something (or everything, in my case).

take a walk, see an elderly relative or someone who has nobody. That and an ssri can begin to work wonders.  Be grateful for everything you do have and everyone you love.  Being grateful is how I begin every day, before I even rise out of bed.  I express my gratitude and love daily to those I interact with.  That helps ME and them.

• Posted

I don't really have anybody in my life like that, and really what difference does it make of a doctor when they just write you a script and send you away?
  • Posted

you need to speak to someone jared on the mental health team. book an appointment at least. p.s. thanks for the vote the other day.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.