What do you do?

Posted , 8 users are following.

What do you do when no one seems to care ? When you're crying out for someone to talk to when you just need a friend but no ones there ? What do you do?????

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Do you not have any family?......You would be supprised, people do care, It amazing when you so low, you think that way..... I was like that all the time, thinking I am getting on peoples nerves, so I would isolate myself, it was easier.... okay you may loose a few friends on the way, but the ones that stay are true friends, I live alone, as I lost my husband 3 years ago, and I only started to greive 9 months ago... I don't have many friends, as I was looking after my husband for many years those friends weren't real, as now I am on my own, you don't see them, but hey, they aren't friends...... You will hsve plenty of people on here, that will talk to you.....Hilary  smile

• Posted

I came on here tonight, because I knew i would feel lonely. I have no one who really understands what I am going through right now. But I am sure some of you do. I think you made the right decision to talk here.
  • Posted

I just wish I was dead! I hate life soooo much !
  • Posted

I feel the same way. It's just me, 61, my husband 68, and little dog, who's16 years old.

We have no immediate family nearby. I have depression, anxiety and panic attacks. I'm struggling with the process of getting used to new medication, Venlafaxine, XL, after years on Paroxetine.

which stopped working.

My husband has an inherited condition called Hereditary Haemorrhagic Telangiactesia, or HHT as it's known as.

He has nosebleeds nearly every day which do stop on their own, but has had to be taken to hospital by ambulance at least once a year.

He understands and does his best to be there for me emotionally. Sometimes, though, it's not enough and I feel bad about that. I can't help it.

All this, as you can appreciate does not help my mental health at all. There are helplines, but sometimes I find it very hard to phone them when I'm struggling. All I need is a cuppa and a chat with somebody.

I'm sure a lot of us feel the same way.

It's very hard, even if you do have family or people there. If they can't or don't understand what you're going through that's just as bad.

More needs to be done to help people like us make connections with each other and other people so we don't feel so isolated. Isolation is a cruel state and far to many people are stuck in it, whatever condition they have.

Sorry for the ramble on folks. It just all came out like that. x

• Posted

Hi Chriselora,

By you writting all this down, is like talking to someone, it's gets it off your ches, I type down alot the way I feel, it is good therepy, also it can make you cry, which releases a lot of anxiety, it like sycotherepy, which is good.... your right there should be more help out there.... i have been many months feeling really bad, in the end I either got the help privately, or hung on in there myself, had a couple of good days lately, I hope they stay, don't know in my case whether it's due to cutting down, but not shaking today thank God, and I think he does help us, sometimes you have got to get so bad, that you do appreciate the good..... Hilary   smile

• Posted

Thank you Hilary. I appreciate your comments. It's hard finding what works

for each person.

Regards,

Chriselora. ??

• Posted

Dodons, I'm going through the same and what I'm doing is being very humble and clearly saying to people I trust, even when I don't know them well, but something in them make me feel they are good people. I tell them I'm in need of someone to talk to and if they're receptive I talk in a way that I don't go straight saying everything at once. I start with informal subjects and go from there. I went to this couples' house near mine I've always thought might be good people, knocked on their door and just said that I was not there to sell anything or ask for favors, I just wanted to talk to another human being. They received me with open arms and we're starting to build a friendship. In moments like this you have to be humble and as human as you can be. There are good people out there, believe me.

• Posted

What you do is type it down and we will answer ! Here for you Dondon! The fact you are asking for help or someone to talk too is good, I bottle stuff up and dont speak of anything which boils over (thats not what to do) take care wink

• Posted

Sometimes you just have to wait. Save it all up for the therapist. Get more therapy sessions. A lot or people are so busy doing nothing and have nothing to talk about. Find out what people near you are interested in so you can build a friendship. Or become a listener. Do you want to talk or be talked to or hold a conversation?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.