What does this mean?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I posted last week about going to the doctors and he confirmed that I have major depression that he thinks has been worsened by work, but he wants me to go back to the doctors later today for blood tests. Is this normal? He reccomended me a conselling service but other than that wasn't really helpful? I don't know, I hate needles and really don't want to go later, should I? 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Yea as he may be checking that it's not hormonal or your that its not your thyroid. I know how you feel, I was given a prescription and a referral for talking therapies and sent on my way.

Maybe they don't get what it's like to feel like you're losing your mind, I'm hanging on to some posititivity and hoping that something will improve somewhere, because it has to!!

Try to stay focused and positive that things will work out!!

• Posted

They can't give me a prescription because of my age (I'm 17) all he has suggested is this blood test and counselling (Sorry I can't spell)... but with the amount I work I can't see one out of my work hours, and my boss really isn't happy with me missing so much work because of the doctors, he suggested I find somewhere else to work but I can't because I still have 12 months left of my apprenticeship here. I just feel so useless and I can't see anything getting better.
    • Posted

Oh I'm sorry, I didn't realise. CBT is well worth it, and there comes a point where you have to put your health first. Ask your doctor for a sick note then your boss can't argue with that. Hope you find what works for you. Definitely go for the blood tests though.
    • Posted

It's fine, I wasn't very clear :') I might have to but i'd rather not put anyone out, thankyou for your help and I will, I'll just not think about the needles :s 
  • Posted

Well the doctor must think there may be something physical that is causing your depression so he wants you to have a blood test to rule out anything.  I always faint when I give blood, so I know how you feel, but perhaps it will put your mind at rest if you know there is a physical cause, and it can be treated.  Don't go if you don't want to.  It is up to you.
    • Posted

I got in such a state earlier, I decided it would be better to go educated - mistake... I threw up at work rolleyes If i go then at least I'll know for sure 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.