What has caused this pain?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi guys, can anyone help? I have woken up in pain, which is really sharp. I had some cake which has gluten in last night and i am awaiting a test to see if i am coeliac or not. Something has gone wrong. What i want to find out is if those of you who have coeliac disease on here suffer sharp persistent pain after having gluten. I ate the cake about 6 last night and felt sore when i got up about 8.45am, too long between having gluten and a reaction. Also how many coeliac sufferers have diarrhoea and sickness? I don't understand what is wrong with my bowel as i don't these extreme symptoms. Thanks and sorry for the length of post!

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

You might be gluten intolerant. Are you lactose intolerant? Even if you don't have actual coeliac disease you can still have similar symptoms with an intolerance to gluten. This is one of my problems.

• Posted

I am awaiting a camera test and biopsies. What do you take for the pain. My lactose test came back clear. I had wedges with my dinner that i have never had before. Normally some cake i can cope with, well just. This is agony though.

• Posted

I have severe ibs and cannot tolerate meds for pain. Basically I use natural means such as heating pad, essential oil therapies, ginger tea. There are a number of meds that ibs patients use. You might want to post that question. I'm sure you will get good responses. Good luck and hoping you find the med that makes you most comfortable.

• Posted

Thanks audrey, i have just rested today. I feel sore, if that makes any sense. Something has gone really wrong. If it carries on tomorrow i'll see my doctor. Not impressed . Don't normally use any meds at all. It's the pain that's knocking me for 6.

• Posted

Hi Audrey, i saw my doctor today because the pain wouldn't subside. The doctor feels i"ve reacted to something i've eaten. I certainly won't be trying those 2 foods in combination across 1 day again. I am going experiment though and see what one of them does. The cake seems the favourite. Hopefully i'll live.

• Posted

Thanks Audrey, i think my doctor has got this totally wrong. My husband has had some of the symptoms i have, we think it's food poisoning as i reckognise the symptoms.

• Posted

Hi to anyone who commented on here. I have just been unofficially diagnosed with gastritis by a doctor who i've never seen before. What is gastritis and how do you deal with that? Is he right? Still awaiting camera to rule out coeliac disease, will camera tell doctors if I have anything else? Feel like i have acid bath in stomach!

• Posted

Hi sam. Is your pain in upper stomach? Gastritis can be very painful to some. Mine was awful for 3 months. It has made my ibs insane. Had to go on acid blocker and still am on it. My gastritis came from gallbladder surgery. There are a number of causes for it. Feel better soon.

• Posted

Hi Audrey, yes my pain is upper stomach it really caused sharp pain. This is the 1st time gastritis has been mentioned.

• Posted

Did your doc mention a possible cause? Are you on a ppi? I went through a lot of them because of their side effects bugging my ibs. Still waiting for endoscopy results? Wishing you a fast recovery from the nasty gastritis.

• Posted

The doctor didn't say why i had gastritis, just that i did! Since taking antacids i am sadly burping a lot but it easing off slowly! I'm better than i was, the camera will hopefully reveal the truth, then my doctors can hopefully stop guessing what it is. I'll be ok, i think it was a coating on potato wedges i ate, totally new never had them before.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.