What has orlistat done for you?

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi everyone, i was just thinking(i sometimes do) and reading through posts on here......what has orlistat done for you since you began taking it? For me it has made me think about the food im eating before i eat it, whereas before id stuff it all in regardless.since being on them im amazed at how much fat i did still eat before even when i was \"dieting\" and thort i was doing ok!!!!How much sugary foods i was eating too.Its made me re educate myself bout food and eating where before i cudnt be bothered and always said.............tomorrow ill do it tomorrow....lol.Now if i dont stik to it there are nasty reminders that i shud of!! be interestig to read everyones thoughts

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Dawn

Its a god send..... makes you think what you eat, read the labels and cook from stratch. Given me loads of confidence that I can actually do this and now walk/run with a smile (not collapsed in a heap)

To everyone keep up the good work

• Posted

Hi Dawn,

The tabs have given me HOPE.... Hope that I didn't have before :D

Everything I was doing was not helping and the weight wasn't shifting at all - but I think like you that although I was on \"a diet\" I wasn't really conscious of what I was eating and cheated a hell of a lot.

Now I try my hardest not to cheat and try to do more exercise.

Good question to ask though.

Jane

• Posted

I think the tablets give u (apart from the obvious absorbtion of fat...which does help)....the motivation! When u c the pounds or inches start to come off....that gives u such a buzz that u want to continue.

It also acts as a deterent! You know what can happen if u put something u shouldnt over ur lips.... :shock:

• Posted

Hi Dawn

Like everyone else I also think that it makes you far more aware of what you are actually eating. Taking the tablet motivates you to eat more sensibly or suffer the consequences!! I also cook far more from scratch instead of buying convenience foods - would have had things like McDonalds breakfast and fish and chips in the evening - but now have porridge and meat and veg for dinner and things like that. I also drink a lot more water and exercise more.

Hope everyone who takes these tablets has loads of success.

Pat

• Posted

Hi there Guys!!

Like all of you on this forum... I too have been given HOPE... that this will work for me.....MOTIVATION.... to keep going and the INCENTIVE I need to keep a close eye on what goes into my GOB!! :lol: :lol:

Here's to us all...

BM x

• Posted

Hi Dawn

I describe Orlistat as antabuse for 'fat' folk lol, yes I've fallen off the wagon a fair few times and omitted my tablet on several occasions, but like everyone says it makes me think about it first!!

K :D

• Posted

Hi Dawn

I have only been on them for almost 3 weeks but I too have realised what all those little extras we put in our mouths add up to. I don't have a problem saying no to chocolates in the staffroom, or a couple of biscuits at break time now coz I know the consequence. :oops:

I have basically lived on one long 'diet' for years I'd loose a few ponds put soon put them plus more back on, I no longer snack between meals and eat much healthier.

I know I've lost weight as my clothes are a little looser,Can't wait for people to notice though!!!

Denise

• Posted

Hi ya well where do I start!!!! These tablets have given me HOPE, MOTIVATION and a whole new way of thining about food!!! Before I started them nothing I was doing to lose weight was working in fact I was still putting on weight!!! Finally was diagonsed with pcos which contributes to weight gain and difficulity in losing it and was prescribed orlistat for a few months to help shift some lbs or stones!!! Anyway I have changed my lifestyle and feel so much better for it. Even my husband has lost weight (not on the tablets!) Been on them 13 weeks and lost 15lbs (just over 7kg) which I doubt would have happened without orlistat. I have had my fair share of \"orlistat experiences!\" but survived them!!!

Sorry if I have went on a bit!!!

Cody

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.