What have you given up to help reduce sickness?

Posted , 4 users are following.

My story is long and boring but here is where i'm at as of today. I've met with 2 consultants, the first one told me results of the HIDA scan shoes I have gallbladder dysmotility and convinced me I could happily live leaving it alone. Then I was sick over Xmas after cauliflower cheese (ah sigh, my fav and long gone) and so I went back for a 2nd opinion and that cons was better. He shown concern in the vomitting and sent me for an endo which I had on sat and all clear as I suspected.

It can hit me like a brick, it comes on so suddenly but when it does i'm getting very tired and its starting to effect my work. I have 2 children to look after as well as working full time, one is only 2.5 and needs a lot of attention so going home and feeling sick and wanting to go to bed by myself isn't an option.

I've starting to note what has made me feel ill of late:

Eggs  - 2 x boiled for b'fast with nothing else

Cuppa soup - the dried packet type with Ryvita

Ham and reduced fat coleslaw s'wich on wholemeal (no butter)

Creamed leeks - says it all!

Cous Cous - again, dried packet type.

Mousakka - probably the cheese (

There doesn't seem to be a pattern to me unless its just the fact that on that day whether my gallbladder is actually working?

I need to try to avoid these sick feelings and any help appreciated. I even Gluten free last week, and alhough it helped with the bloating it didn't help the wallet!

Hope you are all coping ok ))

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Tbh depends how much the gallbladder is functioning mine was only working at 7% and it’s meant to vary from 30-40% anything I would eat would be horrendous to a point it was making me not even want to be here I’ve had it out now 3 weeks today and it’s changed my life massively still get a bit stomach bloating but it’s all down to trail and error with food but honestly go and get a second opinion!! You need it out I no exactly how your feeling as it made me just like that x
    • Posted

Thank you for your reply!

Can I ask about your recovery time after the surgery?

TIA x

• Posted

Erm well it’s 4 weeks on Tuesday since my op the first week was horrendous not going to lie! I couldn’t move but it’s alot down to the gas they pump you with all I’ll say is make sure you take wind tablets and move around to get the gas going and painkillers but after the recovery you should be back to your normal self but when it’s removed you will feel like a completely new person smile
  • Posted

Have you researched ursodioxycholic acid treatment?
  • Posted

I gave up my gall bladder to get rid of the nausea.  Recovery was pretty straight forward, I was working on cars within a few days....still had  a limit to the weight I could lift.  Unlike some people I had zero food complications...I can eat what I want.  I was sick every time I ate for several years, took a while to narrow it down to my gall bladder as I didn't have any stones or sludge.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.