What I can and cant do 2 weeks after anterior repair

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello Ladies.. I have an upcoming anterior repair booked for April. I have recently realised I will have to have at least 6 weeks off to heal. My job is a sales assistsant in a ladies boutique. My husband is off with me for the first 2 weeks.My question is what can I do after this time. Will i be able to walk around, walk upstairs, make a cuppa, or even go for a run in the car (not driving i know) I understand how recovery is the key to this surgery being a success and I certainly dont want it to fail.My husband is brilliant at home so i have no worries about him doing the chores at home while i rest up. Any other advice would be wonderful from you ladies who have been through it. Positive stories welcome lol. I have a wonderful surgeon who i completely feel will do a fantastic job.

Thank You and hope to hear so positve feedback.xx

0 likes, 42 replies

42 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

If you have a large kettle and you're making drinks for yourself, don't fill the kettle but just put in the amount you need:-)  Hope it all goes well and you'll be reporting on how good you are after it:-)))
  • Posted

I can't imagine anything WORSE than ending up with diarrhoea immediately post-op because you took laxatives that you didn't need. I would never take drugs like that unless I had checked with my Surgeon who will be doing the operation. I am pretty sure you would maybe need them if having rectocele, not cystocele (anterior repair of bladder). My surgeon certainly didn't tell me to and he is the top Urogynae in our country.
    • Posted

Yes, I'm thinking with just an anterior repair the bowel might be unaffected so someone might not need them, but with a posterior repair they might, but even anxiety might make someone worried about going after an anterior repair.  This is probably something that everyone should ask their surgeon about.  I was told to take Macrogel afterwards and given boxes of the stuff and told I could take it permanently (which I personally need) but I'm sure staff in the hospital will help if the surgeon isn't available to ask.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.