what ia map

Posted , 3 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

I have just got these tablets toda. I have a BMI of 40 and i assumed all i need to do is take 1 tablet before each meal 3 times a day and eat healthy! do i need a certain amount of fat??? do i not need to take them if i have a fate free breakfast etc??? and what is MAP! IM CONFUSED!! please help me xxx

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hiya Dorothy

your right .. take 1 tablet at meal times, I believe they recommend having no more than 15g of fat in each meal, eat too much and you will more than likely suffer the dreaded side effects sad

for me I have either 0 fat or very little fat with my breakfast so I generally just take the 2 tablets a day with my dinner and evening meal, altho if I have a snack I take the 3rd tablet with that snack

You will eventually get used to what you can and cannot eat, It took me about 6 weeks to get used to taking the tablets, watching what I ate, portion control etc and what cheats I can get away with :twisted:

I've copied and pasted the following text from a previous post by GillMc (hopefully she wont mind)

- - - - - -

MAP is the helpline run by Roche, the makers of Orlistat, it's manned by very helpful nurses. They send you really good information and give you a call now and again to see how you're doing.

You call them to register, from what I remember, the website doesnt work that well.

You'll need your box of Orlistat tablets to hand, as they ask you the serial number.

The phone number is:

0800 7317138

- - - - - - - -

Good luck!

• Posted

aww thankx thats great advice 1 more question! sorry1haha will it matter that tonight i have eaten badly! should i follow a low fat diet for a few days before i start to take them?XXX
  • Posted

Hiya again

I can't honestly answer that question, I really don't know

If it was me I would err on the side of caution and be good for a day before I started taking the tablets

altho saying that, I was a piggy on Christmas Day, I didn't take any tablets at all on that day and started taking them again on Boxing Day and I've been fine

I still think I'd still err on the side of caution and wait a day

sorry I've not been much help

good luck whatever you go with

Happy New Year!

• Posted

that=nks for the great advice you have been great.

I will start as i mean to go on and be good today and start tommorow!

Happy New Year to you too.xxx.

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up