What If

Posted , 5 users are following.

Instead of asking for help here due to an emotional problem, and getting sincere advice from people with empathy, what if, you went to a different forum. Any forum that offers advice for thousands of different things, things that could be of interest.

Talking with people that have similar problems can be helpful, but lets face it, what may work for others, may not work for you, so why not go somewhere else, away from this mind conditioned self destructive syndrome that sometimes takes control of our lives. Always thinking about this mind bluff is self defeating, I know.

I used to take my blood pressure multiple times a day, I was convinced my bp would blow a gasket, I worked myself up to such a degree that my son to me to the hospital. They kept me there until my bp stabelized, bottom line, my doctor told me, he had a patient that had a stroke because he kept taking his bp constantly, he worked himself up to a disastrous situation.

Maybe the same is happening here, thinking about disaster, when none exist, so, what if?

0 likes, 5 replies

Report / Delete

5 Replies

• Posted

Hey u got a point!!! maybe we should look at are self's and say hey u been to so many doctors maybe I am OK maybe it is just me working myself up u do have a point 
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I totally understand your point! My heart rate was through the roof for months, I constantly checked it..well duh, that'll keep it high! Then palpitations came n scared me..then breathing problems n lump in throat feelings.. One day I just told myself to trust Jesus n stop the health worry, everything will be ok. Although now I'm left with chronic fatigue n still some initial symptoms like brain fog, low concentration, off balance feelings..but my heart rate is under control most the time, breathing is back to almost normal, no lump in throat feeling much anymore. It's great to be able to change the thought process n relax..even though we cant help anxiety in this life, but we sure can learn to control it, that's for sure!
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I hate redundancy, but here goes again, RUN, don't walk away from the urge to accept this fabrication of life that your letting it take control. I'm a salesman, retired, but always selling me, and my belief that things can be better, always closing, always beliving in the sale. If I believe in what I'm selling, I can sell it, and if you believe in you, you can sell yourself in believing this is your life, you control it all, you have the method of operation, we all do, now just do it. Throw some weights around, walk up to that attractive person, and talk, do the best, no better at your job, believe me, you will be promoted, great things can happen if you want them really bad!
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I agree with what you're saying. Being on here is comforting but it doesn't take you away from anxiety
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I totally agree. I'm only doing this site once a week from now on. That way I can try to help others by posting and I can see if anything is relevant to me, and I dont get paranoid reading other folks symptoms every dayand i stick to this forum and one other.  i have set my email not to receive posts from all the forums, it started to drive me crazy.  i have a life to live, and used properly the site will help.  Only in an emergency will I access it other times.
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up