What is going on here?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I had my gallbladder removed at end of April because I had gallstones.

Although I now do not have pain in my right side very often as I had with gallstones things are still not really settling down.

I had to have Dr to me at weekend and ended up going to Emergency Assessment unit at hospital as she thought it might be appendicits.

Dr at hospital said it was faecal impaction (bad constipation) and sent me home with laxatives.Next day I went to bathroom several times and was just running though mostly very watery stuff. I spoke to another Dr on Monday evening who said to stop taing laaxatives as they had obviously done their job.

Trying to make an appointment with a woman GP to establish what is going on here.

Could it be IBS?I

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

People often get IBS after stomach surgery.  If you diagnosis has changed several times and no other cause is found, then it is likely to be IBS.   With me,I was tested for a urinary infection, I had an ultrasound, and an h pylori and celiac test which were all negative .  I saw eight doctors over a three and a half month period.  One diagnosed IBS.  

At one point, one of the doctors even asked ME if I thought I had IBS.  I was there for her to tell me that!  Then she told me that my symptoms were confusing and she hadn't got a clue!

• Posted

Thanks. I was talking to a friend of mine the other day. Shje said she had IBS for years but her symptoms were not the same as mine.

When she retired and was not under the stress of running her own business anymore she said IBS disappeared almost overnight.

I am not one to make a fuss about things but do not feel I can just leave this.

Hopefully will be able to see a woman GP fairly soon.

Thanks again for swift reply

Sarah

• Posted

Certainly sounds like it could be, but im no dr. I have similar pains on right side back and have seen through many forum posts re ibs that for a lot of people it does manifest in this way.
  • Posted

Hi Sarah, it sounds like you could have ibs d, poor you!  I'd have it checked though to be on the safe side!
  • Posted

Hi Sarah; please let me know if this "is too far off the symptoms/problems::   am wondering, though, when you had your gallbladder removed, did it show that there was a Problem with the gallbladder (in that, were there infected gall-stones etc/blockage in common bile duct??)....for as from what I have read/seen, Many times in women who have had Their Gallbladder removed, it has often been the case that it is a Problem with their Ovary and not their gallbladder.......If you are having persistent pain...Pain that starts lightly and builds up over a few days to a Peak and then gradually subsides, this ?maybe an ovarian cyst?  You do not say what age bracket you are in (if you haven't completely gone through the Menopause)???   It maybe worth while having a Vaginal Ultrasound/ see a gynaecologist, if you feel that this may more likely be the case??  As I mentioned in the beginning, if this does not sound like you, please ignore this and let me know...........Bron
    • Posted

Thank for your thoughts bronwyn. I had my gallbladder removed because I had an unltasound scan which showed I had gallstones. Hope this answers your question.

Sarah

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.