What is it is with my doctors surgery

Posted , 3 users are following.

Argh so annoyed, my gp pretty much ignored me and what i was saying to him! add to the fact that i dont particularly like this gp as well it made things so much harder for me!

I have booked another appointment with a different gp but i have to wait 2 weeks before this, hoenstly not coping well and wondering if they will ever listen!

It took so much for me to talk to him and book the appointment i am scared i am going to get fobbed off again!

So annoyed i cried for ages when i got in the car!

1 like, 13 replies

Report / Delete

13 Replies

• Posted

Phone your surgery and see if you can get a cancellation with a GP you like and can speak to. Sometimes it takes time to get to know a GP and feel you can speak to them and open up.

It sounds like this Gp had other things on their mind.

Not what should happen when you see the Dr. I'm not surprised you are upset. If you are that upset you should really be gettin an urgent appointment not waiting 2 weeks. If you are you suffering depression get an urgent appointment and tell the next Dr what happened but do not blame previous Dr just say you came out and broke down because it had not solved any of your problems that you went to the Dr with and you are depressed and need help.

Good Luck I know its difficult to open up to someone and tell of your problems all within a few minutes

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

To be honest it will probably take the 2 weeks for me to summon up the courage again to talk to another gp anyway.

problem is i bottle most things up and dont talk to anyone. I have had so much crap going on in my life in the last 6 months i am just so fed up!

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi I just hope you have a good friend you can talk to in confidence and support you. If you need to talk what about the samaritans at least you know its in confidence and they can help.

It sounds like you need some support just now.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Well Done, something positive has come out of today.

I hope it goes well and remember to say exactly how you feel and if tha'ts dificult say so and that you want help.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thank you, your support has helped no end today. Felt rubbish earlier and could still cry now!

I will let you know how it goes. hopefully it will be okay this time, i have seen this gp before and she listens more than any other gp i have seen so fingers crossed all will go okay.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Well done Dawn.  I can emphasise with you coz when I went to one doctor because of depression he didn't listen and just called me an 'uptight person'.   I was very upset and cried for ages too.   It took me 4 months and a serious overdose before I got up the courage to see another.  This doctor is female and wonderful.  She really helped me.  So second time lucky hey?  x

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

why do you think that you were fobbed off? he was probably listening to you?
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up