What is the earilest age that a woman could be to start premenopause

Posted , 9 users are following.

I am 43....

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi 

i was aged 39/40 had a ten year peri menopause natural no HRT 

and aged 51 now and 22 months post menopause ..

jay x

• Posted

Thank you for ur reply,I have heard about this 10 year peri Menopausewink
  • Posted

Women in their 20s and 30s can go through menopause, let alone peri. All kinds of reasons for it, but there is no age limit, just a common age bracket for it to start happening.

You are 43 and that is quite average by the looks of this board. I am 44 and only starting to get the full on symptoms, but I'd say the ball started rolling before I was 40.

• Posted

Thank you for ur reply,I'am also guessing that i have already started atleast a year agowink
  • Posted

Hi Shelly, I'm 45 and have stated getting irregular periods and some of the symptoms of peri menopause. I have some friends who started in their early 40's.
  • Posted

I was 43 when "diagnosed" first on a pay phone when I called the clinic (which deserves a : ) icon... I had called to ask if a flu were going around, b/c I kept having these "fevers" but didn't seem to be getting sick or a sore throat, so I posited to the clinic person that perhaps my immune system was doing a great job of fighting something off --  hah) and then w blood test when I got there.
  • Posted

You are at the right age where peri menopause starts its around 40s sometimes in their thirties but uncommon 

40 and above is when a woman starts to have peri menopause signs 

i am 46 going to be 47 in a month and i am in menopause myself 

• Posted

Thank you for ur reply,,i thought it might be so,I thought I might ask around wink
  • Posted

I was 39/40 when I started. I have heard of women going through it even earlier
  • Posted

I have just turned 38 and was 37 when symptoms started. Early perimenopause runs in our family.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.