What is the safe daily dose intake of Vitamin B Complex?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I purchased a Vitamin B complex supplements from Holland and Barrett but don't know if the daily intake dose is safe.

On the back label the mentioned %NRV for each separate B vitamin is more than 100%..e.g: vitamin B12 is 1,000%..and so on for others.

I don't know if it is OK to take it everyday for one month.

I know that Vitamin B Complex are good in general. I got it to stop feeling always tired and to help in my serotonin levels in a way but I'm a bit skeptical about the dose and I don't want to have side effects.

Please if anyone knows any info I would appreciate your input.

Thanks

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I have some muscle problems and my neurologist has prescribed 3 vitamin B Compound Strong Tablets a day. I hope that this helps. I have had no side effects . Rhodri.
  • Posted

Do you know you need extra vitamin B? You may just be wasting your money. Have you had your vitamin D level checked? This is often the cause of tiredness and aches and pains. 
    • Posted

Actually I'm taking vitamin D as prescribed by my Doctor...he also said it's no problem taking vitamin B for a specific time but I was wondering about what's written on the label about the daily doses..I can not call my Doctor every second to ask such questions..I was hoping someone knew about this..thanks

• Posted

There are several vitamins in the B range, it is a waste of money taking them unless you know you are deficient. You may need just one or none even, if you have a good diet. If your doctor took your blood tests they should know if you have problems. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.