What is there to help with bowel movements, I have ibs

Posted , 5 users are following.

I use to be untill I really got sick nov eating junk move forward sliding herina was reg I cant go it feels strange like I just cant go I am not eating much.. whats the longest you havent went / is probiotics

Good to take if so what kind

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I think this is a solution for which many are searching 
  • Posted

Pressed enter too quickly. I know I am. I move between constipation and let me spend the next 3 hours in the loo. The longest was recently hence why I started a thread called Triggering Your Own Illness so this may give you some ideas. For me I was unwell on Feb 4th for over 3 hours which also went past midnight on the 5th Feb and the next time I was unwell was Monday 22nd so over 2 weeks. I may have gone longer in the past but since I was unwell on the 4th it was on my mind more. In the past I could have longer and never even thought about it but over time I have become more and more anxious about it and that does not help the situation. No idea on probiotics so more advice needed on that one.

• Posted

I find oranges very good to get rid of constipation.    With having IBS, my bowel is mostly very slow in moving.  I  have also heard on this forum that green grapes are also helpful.  If you are not intolerant to citrus fruits and those with stones, then it is worth trying.

However, I don't know enough about probiotics.

• Posted

My doc recommended apples but they are a no no in here.

I don't know enough about probiotics to help.

Also a morning lie in helps but I can do that at the mo

• Posted

liquorice!! not the allsorts, pieces of liquorice. My 81 year-old pal with naids induced constipation (pain killers) tried all the normal then found that liquorice really works,,, not just for her, lots of others too now

• Posted

Hi deb

Every tried changing ur diet n foods u eat? Keep a diary?

i know having more fibre in ur diet, can help some people go more often n can release alot of build up and pains. Or try bootea. 14 day trial worth it.might think pricey, U have a drink a day. N the night tea's drink one every other day - but really helps detox ur body n bowels gives u more energy i find. Pick up any health shops or order online.

Good luck keep positive x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.