What is this?

Posted , 3 users are following.

It started when I had 5 days of around 4 hours of sleep/stress.

The following 6th day I eat pizza, and hot wings which triggered heartburn for 3 days.

I start to feel better, so I try to eat again, ate some pork felt acidity while digesting.

The next day I eat normally, the day after that I eat some chile with cheese, feel fine but the next day feel bloated and feel like food stays in upper stomach.

I stayed like this for about the next 5 days. I made an appointment with my doctor about a week later. I'm starting to feel fine but not 100% while visiting the doctor.

The doctor gave antiacids(for 5 days) and was given a stool test.

Results:

They told me everything looked fine for the stool test.

Antiacids made me feel bloated again, did not help one bit(Stopped at day 3 because it made me feel bloated again.)

Took me about 3-4 days to feel okay after I took the antiacids but not 100%. I had tiny episodes of heartburn after stopping the antiacids which eventually diminished (used lemon juice). I still felt digesting still slower than my usual, usually more with chicken I think. I burp a bit hours after I eat. Certain foods make my stomach upset, like chips, maybe yogurt but not if I ate just one cup. I'm sure there's more foods but been eating a constricted diet. The upset stomach is only like a 3 from a 1-10 scale.

Night time is when I know I still have problems, that's when my stomach growls and has weird feeling of digesting food. My last meals have been around 7:00 and sleeping around 10:30-11:00. If I lay flat on my back it's usually fine but when I lay on my sides it feels like fluids moving and sometimes my stomach growling. I have been making progress but when I sleep on my sides I question myself if I really am because of the digesting at bed time. I use the bathroom when I wake up, no pain, diarrhea or constipation. My shape/color/timing of my stools have been consistent. 

Diet has been:

Whole grain bread

Eggs

Water

Chips(Very, very small amount)

Cereal without milk

Hamburgers(Like once per week)

Chicken(which is usually boiled)

Apples

Oatmeal Cookies

Green smoothies(Just starting to consume)

Could I have low stomach acid, since antiacids made it worst?

Let me know what you guys think, thanks.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I would cut out the foods that are causing reactions and try a food diary to see if you have any more food triggers.  Avoid processed foods as much as possible and cook fresh produce. Try a different antacid; you may have reacted to it   If it was a PPI, it might have been too strong for your stomach.   Some PPIs cause bloating.  I take  Gaviscon which clears heartburn and I get no stomach disturbance.  Milk is also good for heartburn.
    • Posted

Yeah I have cut out the foods, but happens even with water. I also don't think an anti acid is going to make it better, but thanks for the reply.

• Posted

Try bottled water instead.  Tap water contains a lot of chemicals these days and maybe you have a senitivity to them. Chlorine and Fluoride are some of them . You can taste the chemicals in the tap water.  Alternatively, if you have a filter kettle or jug, this will help to filter out tap water additives.  This may be the culprit.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.