What is this?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've had these bumps for months! They're not sore, don't itch, aren't uncomfortable or anything. They just look ugly. I am a bit of a hypochondriac. I googled these and to me they closely resemble "miliaria rubra with pustules" or heatrash. I must note that i do wear the same jeans every day, I wash them on the weekend and I have put on a lot of weight in the past 11 months (new relationship comfort woo!), I sweat a lot more than usual. Has anyone got these or know what it might be? I've ruled out herpes because as I said, these have been there for months and months! They are hard/pimple like to the touch. no other symptoms associated and only in the area on my butt cheeks. it might be worth noting I get hemorroids too, not sure if they could be related at all. image

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

u have molluscum

• Posted

Hi Kim, thanks for replying. How could I have got it? My boyfriend doesn't have it, and I haven't cheated/been with anyone else. It's on my bottom, a part that when I sit touches the surface. Could I have got it from someone's seat or toilet seat if they had not long left the area? I don't understand! It hasn't really spread. I don't feel overly concerned. Should i be worried?

• Posted

u get it from skin to skin contact with someone who has it or by sharing towels etc it only lives outside the body for about 2 hours so wearing someone elses clothes after they have worn them or drying on someone elses towel shower sponges things like that

• Posted

someone elses bedding u can get it from to

• Posted

the fluid inside them is wat makes them spread try not to burst or scratch them it usually can take 6 months to 2, years to get rid of it there are treatments but there quite harsh

• Posted

u need to be washin your clothes after they have been worn also need to wash your bedding on a hot wash also dont share towels wash after use dont use a sponge or anything to wash your body with or discard after use

• Posted

Hi Kim,

About 3 them (closure to the buttcrack) have become like inflamed pimples (I am prone to all kinds of acne!) but they have become sore and swollen, and pus-filled - basically resembling a pimple as mentioned above. I have read that this is a good sign that my immune system is fighting off the virus but I just wanted your opinion.

They have not spread or anything, and I am careful with touching them and other parts of my body.

I have also read sometimes it is not necessary to go to a dr because they go away on their own but I would surely like to speed up the process!

• Posted

ye u dont have to visit a doctor they do offer treatments but the treatments can be quite harsh it normally clears up by itself

• Posted

Thanks Kim, I'll do all that. Now I know what it is, I'll do what I can to stop it getting worse. I'll wait it out. They aren't affecting me much...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.