What is this?!?!

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had a baby a few weeks ago and just before he was born I noticed this on my vulvar....

I had a c section so didnt give birth virginally.

It doesnt hurt, it's just there.

I have freaked myself out with google now with vulvar cancer 😭 I suffer with severe health anxiety so now losing sleep over this.image

I tested positive for hpv january 19 after a routine cervical smear came back abnormal which after a colposcopy was fine and there was nothing there. I am due another smear now that I've had the baby so fingers crossed that is still normal.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Do you have any question or you're just letting us know? It looks like genital warts, so if you have tested positive for HPV - that's the explanation.

• Posted

Dear vickie,

From what you've written, you are now a few weeks post-partum with a history of HPV and an abnormal smear. I think the photo shows a small cluster of genital warts, not cancer.

The good news is that it will probably resolve in the coming weeks (without treatment) as your body's immune system is restored to full health following your pregnancy. Many women with HPV infection will notice onset or a recurrence of warts during pregnancy which then resolves after delivery. So fingers crossed, be patient and these will clear in the next 4-6 weeks.

If not, see your doctor for some cryotherapy.

Adhari

• Posted

if it is genital warts does that also mean the HPV still hasn't cleared from my body?

• Posted

Seems like you have been given some very sound advice there -so I can only say congratulations on the birth of your baby

• Posted

thankyou.

I really hope this does all clear up on it's own.

I've just ordered some immune boosting vitamins too so fingers cross they help.

• Posted

good luck with that but be careful about buying drugs online. If you do prefer to do that then best go to chemist direct thats a very good site to get medication

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.