What is this? Kind of freaking out.

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello. Ive noticed these bumps and im quite concerned. Does anyone have any idea what it is?

1 like, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

this photo might be better since I shaved. its not painful and barely itchy.image

• Posted

is this Genital Warts?

• Posted

I literally have the same things!! I just posted mine

• Posted

imageimage

• Posted

Hi,

This is molluscum contagiosum, a viral STD; I may have already told you but the moderator has deleted my post. You have, unfortunately, inadvertently spread the infection by shaving the area. Trim, but don't shave your pubic hair or you risk spreading the infection further afield.

Adhari

• Posted

i thought it had to have a dimple in the middle plus come kind of core for it to be that?

• Posted

You are correct- but if you're uncertain, you should try to see a doctor to get a definitive answer. It's either going to be molluscum or folliculitis.

Adhari

• Posted

should not be concerned about HPV? I hve the vaccine but I know thats not for all strains.

• Posted

They don't look like genital warts, but the HPV vaccine will have prevented you from acquiring the infection.

• Posted

is there any fast acting ways to clear up molluscum to prevent it from spreading?

• Posted

You first need to be sure that molluscum is the correct diagnosis. If this is what you have, go to your local drugstore or pharmacist and ask for molluscum treatment.

• Posted

i had a physical today and he said that it looks like bumps from shaving. I said that they didnt have hair in them but he said thats still possible for something like dermatitis. does this sound correct to you?

• Posted

I would probably disagree that it's folliculitis. If possible, you should see a dermatologist for a second opinion or at least another family doctor/GP. If you live in the UK, you should make an appointment to attend a local sexual health clinic.

• Posted

yeah I saw the family medicine doctor first then saw a dermatologist for the 2nd opinion and they both said its from shaving. Im gonna keep an eye on it anyways just to make sure its not spreading.

• Posted

I think you just need better shaving methods. First time I ever shaved bald like that same exact thing happened to me. I could be wrong as Im not a DR of any kind but thats my opinion.

• Posted

hopefully thats all it is. I was using a pretty s****y razor for awhile. I have a physical this friday so im gonna bring it up to my doctor then. Just wanted to get others opinions as well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.