What is this mental illness?

Posted , 1 user is following.

I thought id ask on here as I'm unsure and need a bit of guidance. My work colleagues behaviour has changed recently and she let me know she suffers with her mental health. Shes started acting very out of the ordinary - for example - she'll be her normal chatty self and ill turn back and shes staring, hardly able to speak, or saying things like 'I can't' sometimes smiling, sometimes saying random words. Sometimes saying she is in pain. She doesn't snap out of it and has to go home.

I have no idea what is happening. Shes seen DRS who have said there's nothing physically wrong with her. She lost her mother in law recently, had her car broken into and has hinted about family violence. I'm unsure what causes these moments, and for her to go in this sudden trance like state. Its almost like shes a child when normally shes the most chatty, mature person I know. Does anyone have any thoughts or ideas?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.