What is wrong with me??

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hey everyone,

What is wrong with me :oops: I am actually ashamed of myself as i write this.

My doc prescribed me xenical as i had been on weight watchers for several years with no success and needed some help.

But i feel since being prescibed orlistat/xenical my eating has got worse.

I know this isnt a miracle pill, but i can't help but eat the rubbish that got me to this size in the first place.

Did anyone else feel this way at first? Like you can eat anything you want just because you have the pills.

I know alot of people will be angry reading this, and i am mad at myself for what i am doing. :oops:

I'm in the wrong frame of mind about this and need a good kick up the arse sad

x

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I only started last week and its my opinion but because...i expected there to be horrid things involved ie, going to the loo/orange oil/pain i just ate healthily and its silly that just this pill can make me eat better!!!

But it has and in a week i've lost 4 pounds, i have had the orange oil and pain but only from minor things like, i had an egg which i didnt know was that bad and i have cheated with crisps some times!! But i know that these are for changing your lifestyle aswell not just making you thin!!!

I cant give you advice because you have to do it yourself!!! :wink:

But aren't the side effect making you think about changing your diet?

:P

• Posted

First things first, stop beating yourself up!!!!! Everyone here is in the same boat and we are all here to help each other. No one feels angry about what you have written.

[b:0055cc55e5]You need support not a kick up the arse. [/b:0055cc55e5]

No, they are not a miracle pill and no you cannot eat what you want. The idea behind this pill is that it only reduced the fat intake by a third and does nothing for the fat already stored, hence the reason that you need to exercise.

As you say you dont sound like you are in the right frame of mind for this at the moment and it might be an idea to have a sit and think what could be bothering you or identify if anything has happened that could be affecting your eating.

I tend to eat when I am feeling low, angry, stressed, you name it I eat!!!! Have just started taking these myself and am scared that I wont do it but also know that you have to take it one day at a time and no one can ask any more of you.

You can do this but think you need to clear your head first. Don't expect miracles, this is not a miracle drug but something that will encourage you to eat better. Start with the little things like drinking more water, taking a short walk, it all makes a difference.

Please know you are not alone.

Hugs

Big Bird

xxx

• Posted

Thank you for your kind words and advice.

I need to sit down and think about what i want to see myself like in a year's time and how i will feel when i will be happy in my own skin for the first time in years.

I hope i dont sound like i'm feeling sorry for myself :oops:

As of now, i am back on the wagon/train (whatever you are all on!!)

If i don't do this now i never will. Thank you both again for the encouragement.

I will keep you posted on my journey

x

• Posted

Hi there (dont like to call you ashamed, as you've nothing to be ashamed about!!)

We have all been on and off the 'roundabout' so to speak, there are times when I am so motivated that Posh would be proud and others when I have been so sneaky, greedy & sleekit that I could eat a small child :lol:

One time I was on a diet and had gone to the local chip shop for tea (they sold baked potatoes as well!!) I ordered a baked potato & when the young girl asked what I would like on it, I asked for a fish supper :oops: have to say, it was delicious!

Dont feel ashamed, we have all been there, the secret is to pick yourself up and start again (and again, and again lol!!)

Plenty of support on here!!

Kirsty :D

• Posted

hi, i agree with big bird and skyes sister we have all fell off the wagon..i have many times but like skyes sis sed uhave to get bk on and it gets easier the longer you take them...i have found anyway.I have had an awful week well it started ok i lost half stone at my weigh in at docs but personal problems,my little son hating school and crying all time have taken their toll on me thisweek and ive fell off again lol BUT i got strate bk into it i didnt want all my good efforts to go down swany.im sure you will start to see results just stik with it and ill always try ans offer support good luckxx
  • Posted

I will 2nd what the girls are saying!

As for my sister....I will clarify \"the baked potato thang\"....coz I was there with her.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Since I stopped smoking in January....my weight has shot up. Purely due to my constant munching. I kid u not....I can eat from the minute my eyes open til they close. Not one particular food type.....ANYTHING. Infact, if u sit on my couch long enough....I mite take a knife and fork out to you.... :lol: :lol:

PS: Get that name changed! Do not feel ashamed now or never. smile

• Posted

Am with you on that one Skye,

I could eat a scabby dog if i'm in a comfort eating mode.

We all get on and fall off the wagon more times than we care to remember. The only thing you can do as Dawn says is climb right back on, see it as a learning curve and not a failure.

We are only human and we all need support as one time or another and these forums are a godsend.

So take heart, we all know what your going through and will share the good times and the bad, together.

Bigbird

xxxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.