What is Wrong with Me?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have done a great deal of research since this all started so I have my own ideas and I have spoken to a naturopath and some doctors (who all tend to be terrible listeners who never look at the WHOLE picture0 but I would love feedback on this please.

My problem started with sinus - nose would always be blocked, headaches and ears. Then after years of them clearing this up with antibiotics and steroids and it coming and going there was an operation on my nose to help me breath. Then when I got problems it would be headaches and ears instead.

Then last year after another eposide and more antibiotics and steroids my stomach suddenly hurt a lot and was in agony. One doctor said ulcers, another one said this and that. They all talk as if so long as it is not cancer you can cope!  I was  put on ppis and had to try a few as many of them had bad side effects. Eventually taking cimitidine.   Up to about a month ago I felt well and my headches went. I even suggested to my doctor that I ought to continue on it because it had made me feel more well than anything else and it was wonderful for the headaches to stop.

He said ok then.  But I had a few days with none of them and had a glass of orange juice and suddenly I had all of my ear full up and pain in my ear. So the doctor gave me anti biotics to clear that up. But it took ages for the ear to clear.  In the meantime I then took three high powered probiotics (supposedly to put the good flora in after all of the antibiotics) and suddenly my stomach is terrible and in agony and has been this way for nearly a week, geting worse.  Have taken cimitidine and nexium and various other things and pain killers and none make any difference.

The daft doctor who came to see me yesterday asked me if I had nausea too.  Well of course I

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

I suspect your diet is exacerbating your symptoms.

My advice:

Avoid coffee, tea, alcohol, chocolate, fats in general, all spices except herbs and a little bit of salt, citrus (orange, lemon,...), acidic food, fatty food including anything fried, garlic, onion, tomatoes, bell peppers, dairy (you can replace with rice milk for example), cucumber, and fatty meats (beef, pork), sodas, seltzer (anything sparkling). Stop smoking if you smoke.

You can eat: all cereals like oat, wheat, barley; three fruits: bananas, watermelon, melon; all vegetables except the ones listed above with a little bit of olive oil (no more than 1 tbsp total per meal); nuts in small quantities (no more than 1 tbsp per meal if you did not have olive oil at the same meal); chicken, lean fish, tofu, tempeh, lean seafood, eggs should be ok, fresh raw coconut water, camomille tea.

Try that for at least 3 days and see if you feel some relief.

• Posted

Thanks for your thoughts. I usually find that diet makes no difference. I can eat a lot of  tomatoes or fatty food no problem. I have never smoked and dont drink or drink fizzy drinks.  I am tempted more by soft food at the moment beause my stomach feels sort of soft and vulnerable. I dont hve the normal acid reflux it is silent acid reflux.  Hate camomile tea, drink ordinary tea very weak.It is not caused by diet, that would not explain how come it was quite good until I took the probiotic capsules, it was them that upset me so much. Before that about a year ago I had some raw garlic and was in agony for ages because of that.  Now and then I have coffee and it hurts a bit but all other foods are ok.  My stomach is worse today than it as a few days ago and my diet is the same.  Dont forget I am on my own with no visitors and not able to go out so hve to eat what is here out of the freezers or get a shop delivered.
    • Posted

The diet is recommended for LPR too. It takes a while to make a difference: weeks, months, sometimes more than a year. You said yourself that you had a bad reaction after drinking orange juice which is a known trigger.
    • Posted

Yes the reaction to the orange juice was it sort of going up into my right ear and then the ear was blocked and hurting for months.   It was partly because of this that I told the doctor I was sure that the sinus and headaches etc was caused by what was going on in the stomach and was silent acid reflux, not two separate issues. We need to take in all that happens and see that each thing is a clue, like a detective who pieces together who murdered who when with what. I understand what you say but I still do not understand why I can be quite alright for weeks and then suddenly feel bad because of orange juice or probiotics. The normal foods do not affect me at all. And I am in a lot of pain with bad headaches now so cannot grasp being like this for a year.
  • Posted

Did you watch the video I sent to you and other. The antybioticks ruin everything in your stomack. When you do not have accids, bad bacteria are growing. That what can create stomac problems and you fill the reflux. Find holistic doctors, the medical ones will kill you. And pray.
  • Posted

I think you have two separate issues that your doctors are treating as if they were one.  You use to have headaches and sinus problems now you have refux also.  Sometimes the medication we take for one problem will damage the stomach, then you have two problems.  Whenever I take any pill, I crush it before swallowing it.  Capsules get opened up and the contents swallowed with lots of water.  Each time a pill goes into the stomach there is a chance it will disolve by the stomach lining and cause a sore spot.  As the sore spots accumulate then more and more foods become untolerable.  Then someone says a blan diet will help.  But that does not solve the real problem.  You need to go back to square one and treat the sinus problem until it is resolved.  Try breathing hot dry air from a hair dryer.  You can place it in a paper bag and put it on medium heat.  Do that twice or more a day for 3 minutes.  The hot air kills bad bacteria without antibiotics.  The dry air clears mucus and can help with post nasal drip.  Also, once a day clear your Eustachian tubes by pinching your nose shut and pressurizing the sinusus until you feel the pressure in your ears.  Then hold the pressure for 20 seconds.  You need to try to stay off the antibiotics if you can.  Let me know if it helps. 
    • Posted

To start with the doctor said it was two separate issues but I worked out it was not.  Everytime the stomach was bad I would get headaches. My sinuses are much better now and not infected but when the stomach plays up the headaches are bad and it gets into my ears, it is not coincidence.  I dont have a hairdryer so that idea is out.   There is no bacteria in my nose etc now anyway, so the headaches do come from the stomach problem. I am trying to stay off of the antibiotics and was getting along fine until I had to take them for three weeks and then took a large dose of probiotics and my stomach got very bad and has been since - this was about a week ago.  I appreciate you trying to help and hope you are feeling well today
    • Posted

The only connection I can imagine for the stomach issue to cause a headache is a toxin headache.  This when food is not properly digested and ends up as a rotting mass in the small or large intestine.  This can happed when using acid blockers.  You mentioned that you inclined the head of your bed.  For me, that was not enough, I sleep on a 10 inch wedge.  You need to keep the stomach acid down.  Also, only sleep on your back or left side.  Sleeping on the right side is bad because of the shape of the stomach.
    • Posted

Stuff Ive found online says a lotof people with silent acid reflux get headaches all of the time.  I was getting this before the acid blockers and then it stopped when taking acid blockers.
    • Posted

Just remember that most people with Acid indigestions problems also have other health problems.  Stress at work, family problems, money problems all can cause headaches and acid indigestion.  I don't think you should use acid blockers to treat headaches.  Even if it seems to work.  Most doctors will give you what you ask for, even if its not the normal protocol.
    • Posted

He didnt give me acid blockers to treat the headache. He gave it to me for the stomach problems and acid reflux. We then found that the headaches went away totally.  I dont have stress at work or family or money problems, the only stress I have is from the health problem.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.