What is wrong with me???

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello everyone I'm a 30 year old female who lately has been going through a tough time. I have always been a worrier, especially when it comes to health. Since I was 9 years old I've worried about different diseases (especially after googling) which made me convinced my life would end several times in my life. Right now I'm going thru a bad phase which I don't know what to do. It all started last year when I started getting lots of numbness and tingling in face and legs. Then in November I started getting left sided chest pain which is 24/7 stabbing pains. Ive been to emergency twice since Feb. And they did EKG, xray and blood tests which supposedly came out fine. Then, in February I started getting heart palpitations, skipping beats. At this point I was convinced I have heart disease. 3 weeks ago the mild dizziness started where I felt I was gonna faint. During the time it started I remember going out to eat with my hubby and kids and I literally felt like I was not there, as if I was in another planet, everything felt unreal. I've been really tired too. I've been seeing a cardiologist who did an EKG, heart Echo. And tomorrow I'm having a stress test and a holter monitor for 24 hours. He thinks its anxiety. But I am not convinced. Im just extremely scared of dying because I have 3 children who are all under 7 years old. By the way, I did want to mention that from October thru March I was going thru a big worry with the law. Don't want to get into details but I was very worried for 5 months that I was going to go to jail. Everything turned out fine however, I don't know if that worry triggered physical anxietysymptoms. Any help is appreciated thank u.

1 like, 35 replies

35 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Claudia

It really does sound like anxiety. Very typical with numbness, palpitations etc. I can relate, having three children you understand how much you need to be ok to look after them. Other life stresses can be too much and surface as actual health problems. Try to notice and a vet your anxiety and then use strategies to help like breathing, mindfulness and yoga. I really hope you feel better soon x

• Posted

Maybe you got a touch of ptsd here going on. Panic disorder, trauma it plays hard on the body. Are you in therapy? 
    • Posted

Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. It is a very serious condition, it is debilitating and can take months even years of pharmaceutical intervention and deep therapy.
  • Posted

I think that you have anxiety claudia because of heart and death worries as well as your legal difficulties. It's enough for anyone to take.  I hope the Dr can resolve your issues for you with the answer and possible tablets or therapy you may need.
  • Posted

Do you have a therapist or a counsellor or someone who is trained to help?
    • Posted

No I don't. I've never seen a psychologist since I've never been diagnosed. Right now my worry is having heart disease.
    • Posted

hmm, can you get diagnosed?

does  your employer provide insurance?

• Posted

I pay privately.. But I'm paying a cardiologist to rule out heart problems... If that comes out all right I will pay a psychologist. I really hope its just anxiety.
    • Posted

By around June 5. I already had EKG and heart echo, but according to cardio doc everything has looked fine till now. Just need 2 more tests. But I just can't get it out of my head that I'm slowly dying 😢😢
    • Posted

for sure, will it make you feel better if he tells you your okay?

will you get into therapy right away?

• Posted

I honestly will feel better knowing that my heart is fine. Even I'd my symptoms remain. However, I've always been hesitant of taking anxiety pills.
    • Posted

health anxiety is so hard to deal with. 

could I pm you sometime?

• Posted

Yes sure I would like to talk with someone with anxiety, how does pm work is it in this website?
    • Posted

do you see the little envelope under me name badge?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.