What is wrong with me???

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello everyone I'm a 30 year old female who lately has been going through a tough time. I have always been a worrier, especially when it comes to health. Since I was 9 years old I've worried about different diseases (especially after googling) which made me convinced my life would end several times in my life. Right now I'm going thru a bad phase which I don't know what to do. It all started last year when I started getting lots of numbness and tingling in face and legs. Then in November I started getting left sided chest pain which is 24/7 stabbing pains. Ive been to emergency twice since Feb. And they did EKG, xray and blood tests which supposedly came out fine. Then, in February I started getting heart palpitations, skipping beats. At this point I was convinced I have heart disease. 3 weeks ago the mild dizziness started where I felt I was gonna faint. During the time it started I remember going out to eat with my hubby and kids and I literally felt like I was not there, as if I was in another planet, everything felt unreal. I've been really tired too. I've been seeing a cardiologist who did an EKG, heart Echo. And tomorrow I'm having a stress test and a holter monitor for 24 hours. He thinks its anxiety. But I am not convinced. Im just extremely scared of dying because I have 3 children who are all under 7 years old. By the way, I did want to mention that from October thru March I was going thru a big worry with the law. Don't want to get into details but I was very worried for 5 months that I was going to go to jail. Everything turned out fine however, I don't know if that worry triggered physical anxietysymptoms. Any help is appreciated thank u.

1 like, 35 replies

35 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Ugh the heart skipping beats is the worst it just started happening to me! It just happened to me now and it's so scary! Literally feels like my heart stops for a couple seconds
    • Posted

May I ask what symptoms u get? Do ur symptoms only happen during at attack or all the time?
    • Posted

No they come whenever they want... Like I was sitting on the couch just a little bit ago talking to my guns and and my heart fluttered or skipped a beat or whatever it's called.... And sometimes I get chest pains numbness and weakness in my legs and arms and hands... Pressure in head.... I could go on and on
    • Posted

Well I've had numerous ekg and chest x Ray... Wore a halter monitor for 24 hours and had blood work and ct scan they say nothing is wrong so I started seeing a psychologist and he says it sounds like anxiety but he's only seen me twice... And those are all the symptoms of anxiety and everyone on here that says they've been diagnosed with anxiety have all the same stmpyoms
    • Posted

OK its good that u passed them . hopefully my stress test and holter come out all right. Yes I've read these symptoms are common with anxiety. Do u tend to be anxious and worry a lot?
    • Posted

Yes but it hits me even when I'm fine.... And when I get even just a little over whelmed with the kids and house work and stuff I get anxious and feel like I need to take a see breath and I get very irritable and chest pains... But every day is a new symptoms... It just gets worse.... Once I convince myself that the symptom I'm feeling really is anxiety and not something worse then I'll feel better and then the next day it's something else.... To the point where all day I'm just waiting for the next symptom.... Waiting to see if today is the day I'm gonna have my next anxiety attack... I hardly ever do my hair or put make up on anymore... It's taking over its horrible
  • Posted

What is your biggest concern? The heart skipping?
    • Posted

The dizziness had me very concerned but its almost gone, but 3 weeks ago I had to leave work because of it. Now I don't feel it that much. I'm just worried about all the symptoms put together. I am overweight, had a sedentary lifestyle and had a very unhealthy diet with hardly fruits nor vegetables. But a month ago I started leaving unhealthy foods and exercising but symptoms still not gone. I'm just afraid my bad habits already damaged my heart rolleyes I have normal blood pressure, normal cholesterol and no diabetes so it does leave me wondering why I would get heart disease at such a young age. Although sometimes I start to think it might be anxiety since I do worry a lot and focus too much in a particular problem. I just hope everything turns out fine with my heart..
    • Posted

I do want to stress that I do suffer from different mental disorders that I've noticed throughout my life. First, and the worst to me is health anxiety. It def. Isn't normal of me because when I'm worrying I have cancer or a heart problem or whatever terminal disease, I get so depressed, that I hardly function at work or at home. I also suffer from depression, possible OCD, and social anxiety. I've always had a tough time maintaining relationships and tend to block ppl out of my life, and when ppl call me sometimes I don't answer. I've always imagined ppl don't like me , but I think its in my head. Since I do suffer from different mental illnesses it does make me think thy these physical symptoms are due to anxiety. Then again I'm not sure but hopefully everything comes out all right.
  • Posted

It seems like anxiety to me. And worrying about going to jail would 100% cause anxiety. you may not think its worrying you But in the back of your head it is. That's a really scary thought. To go to jail and leave your children.

Try an anxiety med and see if it goes away.

• Posted

Emily I have all the symptons you state in you words and yes i worry my self over heart problems ect my mother died at 57 with her heart although i know she had a weak heart it doesnt help I constantly worry about everything and i mean everything my love and this episode im going through started last november time with one thing and another. there wasnt a day go past where I havent cried up until about six weeks ago. yes I ve gone through the tests you have and  waiting for the results of a holter monitor my doc says its anxiety but you dont believe them do youI wonder how i can have these symptons and not have anything wrong. but if i dont start believing I know it will make me worse yes i have sat and my heart misses beats even resting. my doctor explained that because we are in a "relaxed quiet state but our minds are in overdrive we feel every thing more. I was being woke up by these and boy did it scare the c*** out of me. she explained it was it was we were quiet that I felt it more and that lots of people have what they call eptopic heart beats its just that they dont notice it and because they arnt focusing on it or waiting for the next one. Im 53 and for some reason the fear of dying has really overtaken me I never used to worry but i now have the double whammy of going through the menopause which is excacebating my symptons worse. These feelings and symptons have subsided a bit but i know that because of the stress and worry ive had my body needs time to repair it self. I hope I have reassured you a little by sharing what ive gone through so you can see that others are going through the same and you are not alone
    • Posted

Yes and hopefully it makes u feel better too if u read other people's new posts so many people have the same symptoms.... My husband also told me that it has happened to him a couple of times before when his heart skipped a beat and he doesn't have anxiety so that also made me feel a little better but there's always that what if in the back of my mind.... I kee trying to tell myself stop worrying all the time and live life my husband keeps telling me you can't keep living in fear but it's easier said....: I want to just live life and be happy

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.