What is wrong with me?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am a 17yr old Male living in the UK, I have been ill for around about 6 months now, I went to the doctors about 3 months ago and he checked me and said my lungs and heart were in perfect condition and said I had a normal temperature. 

I have seen no improvement and was curious to see if anyone can find out what’s wrong with me and what illness I could have.

The symptoms I have been experiencing in the last 6 months are:

Frequent yawning

Weakness in my legs

Throat clearing (will produce blood in mucus once a month)

Mucus and white spots on my tonsils(the white spots will disapeer sometimes but the mucus stays there)

I also struggle to get to sleep at night and have an average of 4-5 hours of sleep every night.

I had a lot of stress before this happened and was wondering if this could have triggered a certain illness.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hello Daniel, you have hit on the probable cause of your situation .You obviously are NOT suffering from an illness, but stress is something that you really can do without, it does affect your whole body . constantly clearing your throat will make it sore, and puts you into a cycle.  drink lots of water ,there are some flavoured wares that are palatable. Stress  will cause your sleepless nights, You do not say if your stressful situation that caused your problems has gone away, Your monthly mucus did actually make me smile... That's what you need ,some friends who can take you out of yourself, you may find you will get better ,and not notice.  

• Posted

As it was 3 months ago when you went to the doctors you should now go back to your GP and say you are still feeling unwell.

At your first visit he has checked all the usual suspects and found them to be fine,now he/she should take the investigations to the next level.

Do you have a girlfriend? This may sound odd but sometimes just kissing can give you an unwell feeling as your body experiences new bacteria. 

Do go back to your doctor. If you dont then he will assume you are feeling better.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.