What is wrong with me???

Posted , 5 users are following.

I don't know what to write. I get really low at times and even think about suicide which I never thought I would do. I just can't see past wanting to end this misery and let everyone else be happy without me here. 

I have a wonderful husband that does his best to make me happy and care for me but it doesn't help. I don't know why as he does all that anyone would do in this situation to help someone like me.

I know I should go to the drs and talk about it but they never help and I would only tell them that everything is fine because I am too shielded to say that I am hurting.   I recently lost my mother suddenly and that hasn't helped either. 

I hate crying and especially if it's in front of others. I hate feeling crappy. 

I just don't know what to do anymore.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

You need to go to see a psychologist who for an evaluation, but need to tell him/her everything, you cannot hold back anything at all. The psychologist will probably refer you to a psychiatrist for any medication. I have suffered with some of the same symptoms and finally saw a psychologist and told everything that i was going through. I was then referred to a psychiatrist who put me on medication and really helps a lot. Go to a doctor that you feel comfortable with. You will be fine god bless  
  • Posted

Hey.... honestly u really need to see a doctor , I really didn’t want to but had no choice, it’s been a rocky road but so glad I did, I’m not happy about being on antidepressants but I dnt feel like I did and that’s a bonus, xx
  • Posted

I’ve been dealing with a lot of situational depression too. But even when things are good, I would still sob hysterically for no reason, feeling like I would never be where I wanted or needed to be in life. It’s something I have to tell myself every day, but as long as we have a roof over our heads and food in our bellies we are doing everything we need to do. Being on medication hasn’t been easy for me either and I am constantly second guessing myself, but it does give me the ability to live my life again in a capacity I just wasn’t able to before. I hope you can get the help you need and know that we are all here for you. 
  • Posted

Hi danni - yes, you're absolutely right. There's no point going to the docs when you won't be honest with them. No wonder they never help. How are they supposed to do that? So you go back to where you are and nothing changes. What else is there to do? Just lay down and let it take you.

OR - get angry. Get fired up. Stamp your foot and scream that you don't deserve this and you're not going to take one more day of it! Get out your pen. Start describing the way you feel. Take that compilation to the doc and recite it. State that you are begging for help and there is nowhere else to go. If they dismiss you, get another doctor. Then another, then another - if that is what it takes. 

Humans are habitual and repeat actions over and over expecting different outcomes. It's called insanity. Results occur when we change that pattern and do something else. The answer is in your hands. No-one can do it for you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.