What is wrong with my anus?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've been feeling discomfort on left side of anus and left internal side of butt cheek.. There was some bleeding a couple times. A feeling of "stretching a scab" when passing bowels and now it gets itchy especially after bowel movement.? Even after showering i still feels discomfort. Sometimes it feels like something is inside my anus on the left side... Took a picture of it out of curiousity and there was white scaly looking spots in the inside of my anus. What could be the reason for this? 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Dear Genniegc, I don’t know about the white bumps you have but I started out feeling just like you did. I was diagnosed with a thrombosed Internal hemorrhoid. After going in, and having a follow up visit, it also turned into an anal Fissure. I would definitely make appointment with the colon rectal surgeon. They try to avoid surgery, if at all possible, and have you do other things. Luckily, I have avoided surgery. I still take sits baths every day and I increase my water and fiber intake. Good luck, and if you find out what those white bumps are, let me know. I still have an off a lot of itching.
  • Posted

What did they advise you to do about the reoccurring itch? 
  • Posted

I have this exact thing apart from the white spots. I have had it numerous times for over a year now each episode lasting about 2-3 weeks. It's agony at times when the muscles spasms. The worrying thing is the time between each episode is getting shorter. I was getting months, now I only got 2 weeks. I saw the doc a few days ago, she examined me & said it looks sore but no piles, just a slight 'graze' & gave me some hydrocortizone cream to apply twice a day for 2 weeks which has been useless.

I feel like crying it's so painful. I tried doing everything right before this latest episode, lots of water, veg & even took up having half a pint of coconut water every night as I read that it's great for keeping everything soft, then after a night out on the town last friday, saturday afternoon this kicked in again. What have you found out?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.