What is wrong with my body?!

Posted , 2 users are following.

I live in South Korea. Mental health really isn't a topic of discussion here. They take very much the strategy or shut up and suffer approach. But right now i'm really having a hard time.

I moved cities and started a new job about a month ago. I hate it. The job is okay. But i hate being so far away from my friends and boyfriend. (Strange thing to say I guess since my family lives in England)

I feel really lonely in my new surroundings. I've started making some new friends but honestly, i'm so anxious all the time its difficult to leave the house. Last Monday evening there were two earthquakes, to be honest they freaked me out! Ever since that night I've not been able to get rid of this nausea.

Over the past couple of weeks i've been to see the doctor about three times. I've been checked and each time they say that there is nothing medically wrong. Its all in my head.

Its scary to think that I can't control this... I can't eat because everytime I do I feel like I will throw up. I cry all the time. Boyfriend really helps me, he makes me feel safe and holds me when I cry but I want to stop this anxious and sickness feeling. Today and yesterday my stomach and throat has started hurting. I think maybe because I'm so tense.

Does anyone have any advice? I just want reassurance as everytime I google my symptoms I end up diagnosing myself with some tumor or cancer. It makes me panic more.

Thank you.

Hannah

1 like, 8 replies

Report / Delete

8 Replies

• Posted

You have undergone top level stresses. You moved and got a new job and experienced earth quakes. Traumatizing a bit dont you think. Rather then go thru a whole lot of talk think about moving back to your family. Id say wait it out but it seems if your anxiety is unmanaged and you are in a place they sweep it under the rug you won't heal there. Dont choose money over your health and wellbeing.it wont work anyway. You can make the money after you get the anxiety under control. I have yet to see it play out well for anyone with an anxiety disorder to make drastic changes in their life and go off to anither country. Being honest. 

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thanks for your reply. I've been here a year and things where pretty much fine until I changed jobs.

I would consider moving home. However my boyfriend is Korean. So I want to stay here. Personally, I don't want to move home I don't have the best relationship with my father.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

If thats the case thats better at least. Its scary they dont have therapist there. Anxiety disorders are worldwide. They do have online cbt courses you can try. Chamomile tea, suntheanine l theanine. Calm drinks. Try and figure out why switching jibs has triggered this. Can you find a new job? Do they have yoga there? 
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Oh they have therapists. But if I go it will be on my record. Employers have access to those records. I'm trying to keep myself calm by meditation, drinking green tea and watching YouTube. 

I started doing yoga too. 

Yes moving and starting a new job has triggered it. Now I'm in a really big city and it's overwhelming. 

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Yoga is good. Maybe take a b complex vitamin daily as well. Very disheartening anyone in this world still stigmatizes anxiety disorders. No one asks or wants them. Such a shame. Boy will they feel stupid when one day they finally figure out the actual cause of all this. Im going to guess viral on the onset.  But who know when technology and science will figure this out already. 
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi, I feel for you. I deal with anxiety a lot, and just started therapy and medication last year.

It sounds like you are super stressed out, is it possible you can take time off work?

Maybe visit family and seek better treatment. Unless you want to move back home, I think it would help as it helped me although everyone is different.

Am glad your bf is supportive too, that helps. I wish you luck and hope you get better.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

They don't allow for people to take time off work here. Trust me, that's all I want right now. I really don't want to move back home. I know deep down that I love lving here. I'm just having a rough time and right now I just don't see the light out of it. You know? I think I just need to be brave. I started this reward thing where, if I do something that scares me (for example, I don't like going to the store) when I get back I reward myself with something. I'm just trying to improve my mood and productivity. I don't want to feel like this anymore. 

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

The reward thing is a good idea. Will definitely encourage you.

Sorry you can't take time off. I suppose finding ways to relieve stress is one option, maybe keeping a diary as well? It helps writing things down, giving you a way to express your emotions and thoughts.

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up