what kind of counselling do i need

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi last week my teacher told me i had to give my friend space and i took this hard and cried about 30 mins. he said i had to stay away from him a month. and can only wave to him. i am having a hard time adjusting to this change and lately i been seeking counselling at school for help. some days i just want to die and just give up. today my friend did wave to me a few times but one time he did not wave to me. but yeserday he did to wave to me and did a nod to me. my teacher said he still likes me but i am not sure. today i was so upset that he did not wave back i asked the aide if i could see someone and their walked me down and she did and i spoke to the school counselor. and she helped me and she said he likes me still. all i want to do is just talk to him. that was the only thing that made me happy. (i have mild depression) now i am back to my old depression. the school is trying to find my an outside therapy to talk to. I talked to a therapy last year but she retire and the school refuse to give me a new one. their know that i am upset about this giving space to my friend. its in my iep i can have one. Can i sue if i don't get one ? The one at the school last year helped me a lot plus it worked out good ,because i am on ssi and low income. My mother is trying to find a couselor to talk to but i hope i don't have to pay 40 dollars again. please help what counselling do i need 

1 like, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Hi detour

Sorry to hear you are finding it hard adjusting to the situation at school. Why did the school recommend you give your friend space? Do you mind me asking how old you are? I very much want to give you advice but I don't understand what led to this arrangement. Try not to get too down over this. I am sure your friend misses you too. A month may seem a long time but it will go by quickly. Just try and keep yourself occupied in your school work and before you know it you will be back to spending time with your friend. It sounds like your school is trying to find you someone to talk over your concerns with. I live in the UK so I don't know the legislation about schools retaining counsellors. My guess is if they are seeking support for you externally they are meeting their obligations.

Try not to worry too much..true friendships can withstand a months absence. In saying that I do understand that this situation has made you feel sad and unsettled.

Take one day at a time. ..keep your mind busy and the time will fly by xxx

• Posted

Hi i am 20 and my teacher said he needs space because he has a lot on his mind because of schoolwork ,do you think he misses me ?
    • Posted

Hello,

Is this just friend? Also what has made the counsellor advise you to keep away from him?

• Posted

Hi the counselor did not say ,my teacher said i can only wave to him when i see him in the hall at school 
    • Posted

Bless you.. yes I do think he misses you. Even if he forgets to wave every time he sees you, it doesn't mean he don't care about you anymore.

Separation even for a short period of time can be rough.. but hang in there this bit of time will soon pass.

Hold your head up high and have confidence in your friendship xx

• Posted

Hi but will he ever talk to me again ? i can't go on like this all school year 
    • Posted

Hi try not to worry I'm sure your friend will talk to you once the month is over.

Remember to hold your head high and be confident in your friendship xx

• Posted

Ok..alot of people are treating you with KID gloves here....I think you have a serious mental illness...and you need professional help.  That is NOT an insult....that is what I think you need to FEEL BETTER.

For you to be fixated on how someone else is reacting to you and how many times they wave to you or acknowledge you or to say you want to DIE because of one person is SO not normal behavior.

You are very sick and you need help.   I don't say SICK to insult you...I say sick to help you get to the help you need.

And I think you have Major Depression (not mild).....I have major depression, alcoholism....anxiety, social anxiety...and much more physical...but I do not obsessive over things people think...or how they react to me.

I'm sorry you feel this way...school is not the answer for your counseling..you need a professional.

• Posted

Hi what is the diffrent between major depression and mild depression 

i do take zoloft 50mg 

• Posted

Depression is depression.

But mild I would say you would feel a little bit depressed at times where Major it affects your life in a big way.

It seems your caring about what others think and how they respond to you is a more major thing than a passing "blue" day.

• Posted

Hi what should i do then while i wait to get a counselor ?do you think my friend likes me 
    • Posted

I don't know if your friend likes you.

And it shouldn't matter so much to you.

But, I doubt this person has any reason not to like you.  I think you are feeling paranoia....

Until you see your counselor?  Do things you enjoy...don't worry about what others think of you....be around people that you enjoy and that enjoy you.  Talk to your counselor about this paranoia....I'm sorry your sad....its hard to be sad.

Try to do something good for YOU today...and try to put other people out of your mind UNLESS they are adding some value to your day.

• Posted

Hi i did take a nap today and feel a little better now ,thanks all for your help
    • Posted

Just wait until you see your counselor and don't read too much into what other people do or say...Worry about YOU.

Glad you took a nap...I love naps smile

• Posted

Hi i went to the doctor today and he up my med to 100mg and he does suggest doing a jounal everyday. and he suggests out finding new phsyonal talking to. he is checking with me 2 weeks from now

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.