what medication is everyone on for servere anxiety?

Posted , 7 users are following.

I was just wondering which is the most popular effective medication for server anxiety? And how long you took them before they worked, I've been on increased dose of citalopram 20mg for 3weeks now and although some improvement i still feel really anxious, blurred vision, strange head sensations sad I duno if it's still early days yet or its time to change??

1 like, 13 replies

Report / Delete

13 Replies

• Posted

20mg is probably the lowest does most people are on. Docs usually start you off on 10mg to make sure you dont have a bad reaction then increase this to 30mg. This is what happenned with me and a fe2w people i know. My dose was then increased to 30mg and then 40mg. I ind 40mg to high as it makes me quite numb to even positive feelings. 30mg is great for me. 3 weeks is far to eary to be changing as it can take up to about 2-3 months to have any effect for some people... 20mg was great for me but 30mg is better smile ...  everything your describring will ease off in time as its just the effects of the tabs kicking in. I suffered for a week or 2 at the most with sickness, headaches and tiredness, this soon wore off though. xxx
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Sorry that was supposed to say most docs start you offon 10 then increase to 20 (not 30) sorry typo...xxx
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi doll

I suffer from anxiety and mostly health anxiety and negative thoughts. I have been to psychologist and still attending. She and my dictor discussed everything and they put me on 20mg Paxil today. I read quite a few positive reviews about it oh and yeah i google every pain lol. I have a GERD and a hetial hernia. So bow everything i feel every pain is a big problem. I got a little throat infection doctor gave me a antibiotic for it but before i knew this to me it was oh my word the acid is chewing away at me although i dont have heart burn. Then the anxiety will let you believe the worst. I have been a wreck but i am not at the finish yet all i can tell you try to look in the mirror go tell yourself you are awsome and let the negative thoughts out yeah i know easy to say. As i said im still a wreck but im going to start with my Paxil but for now i have a pill with minor side effects Stresam 50 i take 2 every morning if needed and evening if needed...one calms me down but 2 even better and the doc said its fine to drink 2 cause i wake up very stressed. All i can say is hang in there i am trying so can you.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hello,I was on Cipramil for 19 years,which was fine. Unfortunately have had awful anxiety since June so gp tried me on Sertraline 5 weeks ago,as meant to be good for anxiety, sure it is but had to come off it 3 days ago due to severe diarrhoea :-/. I have been doing a lot of research into the best med for anxiety,and the two that seem to lead the way is Escitalopram,which I'm hoping to try,the newer version of Citalopram) and Venlafaxine,an snri. Saying that Citalopram was good,but can make you more anxious in the beginning of increasing the dose. Hang on in there and I wish you every success x
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I am on 20mg fluoxetine, 6 weeks in now. Had the wobbles for a week from week 4 into week 5 and just keeping fingers crossed that there are no more blips in store. Feeling 80% there, sleeping better, not terrified of every sensation in my body and am able to go shopping and enjoy life a teeny weeny bit now so i know they are helping. Am having therapy too which is great... There's no quick fix that's what i have learnt xx
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

You will get there, one day at a time... Try to think of something positive every day, congratulate yourself on the tiniest little acheivement and then focus on how well you are doing... It sounds corny but it really helps... Try your hardest to ignore the blips and kick their butts and tell them they won't beat you and your brain will get the message that you wont put up with its crap i hope that doesnt sound patronising, it works for me xx
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I am taking Buspar, and it is working well. (one week)
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Busprin works great for me.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

You should notice improvement soon, but for severe anxiety I took diazepam, but was on buspuron and propranalol as my AD which is an SNRI.

ive been taken off buspirone and on Olazepam on tiny dose.

N 

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up