What on earth happened to my bladder? prolapse post op

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hey ladies!

4 weeks post op (anterior and posterior prolapse repair) and thought things were on the mend. Hahahaha fooled again!

I'm now experiencing passing only tiny wees when before, and a week ago even, I could give Austin Powers a run for his money. I'm not feeling the usual urge, just a mild discomfort and fullness and then a very disappointing flow. Im also feeling sharp shooting pain inside; near my bowel I guess It is.

Anyone else had this?

Also, is anyone else stingy when they sit for too long?

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Thought I'd get the silly bit done first and hopefully make you smile. I still get the stingy feeling at times,almost like a full tampax trying to escape and making me feel sore,no fun being a female is it? Hope you will feel much better soon but it sure does take time x
  • Posted

Hi Patsy, so sorry to hear this.  Recovery is such a strange thing, one step forward and a couple back, right?  About the stinging, oh YES do I ever!  Sitting is the worst for me at 4 weeks post ops, I can sit up for about an hour and a half and then I just have to lie down again.  I wondered if I was progressing normally as well and then I read all the posts here and I discover I am so not alone!  We are all even using the same words so the stingy and prickly feelings appear again, to be quite normal in the process.  I think we should all be better prepared to handle all this so from now on I will be talking very openly to every woman I meet.  Even my wonderful surgeon said that it was a straightforward surgery but she did not tell me anything about the extensive recovery process, which to me is the worst I have ever had.  Patsy what you are going through is the same as what I'm going through so know you are not alone!
  • Posted

I got that on the 3rd week. I went back to consultant & he said I had a bladder infection. I was given two anti biotics & it cleared up. Maybe ring your gp
    • Posted

Cheers doll. Yeah I'm gonna monitor it today and drink more water, see how it goes, and check in with GP tomorrow.
  • Posted

Hi Patsy,

I'm 4 weeks post op too from posterior repair (bowel prolapse) and rectal plication (not quite sure exactly what that means, but I had it done!). I've also had bother with slow flow when weeing and a feeling of keep needing to go for a wee but not much there. It's been slightly better these past couple of days and I've found trying to leave it longer in between going has made it a bit better. The stingy feeling is defintely still there and has been since surgery. I've also had a strange feeling inside on occassion of a feeling of pinching, and I know some others ladies have said that too. Hope things start to improve, I sure wish these doctors would let us know all this before hand.

Take care and let us know how you are doing.

• Posted

I'm not mad then! Phew! Yeah it's only in the last couple of days and like you I'm 4 weeks post op. Ok, I'll monitor it today more closely. Maybe I'm not drinking enough? Thanks Rhonda xx
  • Posted

Ok, seemed I just hadn't drunk enough! Back in the realms of Austin

Powers again, peeing like a camel! What I have done in recent days is started back on the Apple cide vinegar but i hadnt upped my water intake it o make it work properly. Seems I was simply just drying myself out.

Doh!

• Posted

Hi, I felt the same way.   It was worrisome.  I waited it out.   It became better.   Actually, yesterday was my 6 week check up and all is well.  There are do many pains that differ day to day,  all part of the healing.  If you are concerned contact your doctor. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.