What other options are available on the nhs other than CBT?

Posted , 6 users are following.

hi,

i am on my second course of cbt, I do not think it has fully helped me, it has provided me with tools to help with dealing with my depression & anxiety but really that is it.

i think some of my issues are from the past and this course has pretty much ignored that,

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

as you know you have to battle/ fight depression. It can unexpectedly clear, admittedly comes back though. One of the answers is to keep busy, spend 30 minutes on one thing. then move to something else and keep going with that. Mix in a few rests as well. Survival mode I call it, but needed in our armoury to combat the condition

• Posted

hi wolverine, i think cbt is pants too! i am not impressed either! ask your doctor for other support, say you need to speak to someone else more in depth, like a counsellor. tell them ezactly what you've said on here. i wish you luck

• Posted

i would say my first course was useful to get the techniques to help deal with everyday life, i can go through the worksheets and say what we did each week.

this course is with a different therapist and bar week 1 which was and introduction and week 2 I can not say what we did in week 3 or 4, other than feeling bullied into doing a course. i also feel like this therapist did not listen to me week 1 so it was not off to a great start.

this course of cbt has really put me off looking for help again bar seeing my gp.

• Posted

This article may helpful in your anxiety and depression click to "xanax.website" Sarah

• Posted

Hi I am not hopeful of any other type of counselling being available on our poor beleagured NHS! There might be in your area though so why not go back to the doctor and ask? Sometimes you have to jump through the hoops of the cheapest (allegedly measurable treatment) counselling before you get referred to someone you can discuss your past issues with. x

• Posted

this is my second course of cbt and it has really put me off for going back to cbt ever again. the first course with a different therapist i looked forward to going. this time i dread going and want it over and done with.

on the intro week this time i am not even sure if i was offered any different therapies as she said stuff with proper terms that they use everyday, but most people havent got a clue what some parts of that mean and if you switch off for a moment you are lost.

i think what would benefit me is talking more about the past. i thought that in the first course of cbt but did not bring it up. this time i have thought about it more, but because me and this new therapist in my opinion have not clicked i am not really wanting to ask as much, or i am waiting for her to stop talking as i am being polite but then she talks about something else so the conversation moves on and i forget what i am meant to ask her.

would be nice if they gave the proper names of therpies on offer and yhe decribe them in plain english like:

this deals with the now and how to help going for ward

this one deals with past events

this one deals with going forward.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.