What's gets people out of there "low" mood?

Posted , 6 users are following.

i just thought I'd ask what helps people when there feeling low, depressed, anxious etc.. Hopefully talking about happy things will cheer us all up 😊

2 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

One of my coping methods is colouring in Colouring Books for Grown Ups - it helps me when i get anxious - i do it prior to appointments , when i am in hospital , when i cannot settle in the evening , etc .
  • Posted

Hi Stephanie,

Forcing a smile is a good start they say not for everyone though its a techique used in CBT smile What is it that makes you happy mobvies comedy games music ????? find that one thing to occupy your mind that worked for me at my worse stages also helped with my fatique that was at most times overwhelming! Keep us posted on how you are feeling we are help to help smile

• Posted

One of my coping skills is being with my dog and birds, walking, listening to music, watching my favorite movie, writing, reading, praying to God and going to church
  • Posted

Hi, Stephanie:  I have three doxie dogs (weiner dogs) that I love very much.  When I'm feeling low, I get on my bed with all three of them and they love on me, and we play on the bed.  There is nothing like doggie kisses...lowers your blood pressure, and just generally raises your mood.  I also like to watch a lot of television on Netflix...find a good comedy and get a good belly laugh...It really helps...Also, if you take meds, don't miss any. Take them on time, even when you are feeling good.  I've been on antidepressants for over 35 yrs.  I never miss a dose.  I hope this helps, sweetie...HUGS.
  • Posted

thinking about things I'm gratful for and have to look forward to even if it's just a hot shower on a cold day or my favourite drink and being around animals is great! x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.