What's going on?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Well, June 5th I will have an ultrasound done on my pelvis to see if the 3cm  complex ovarian cyst grew or not. My last cycle wasn't too bad, it was normal however, I had pain on the lower right side of my pelvis, I had costipation so bad I don't know if it was the pain or the constipation that had my right thigh cramping for about a good three days after my cycle. Now that my cycle is done ( for now) I'm getting that pain on the lower left side of my pelvis where that cyst is. I don't think the cyst dissolved or shrunk. It feels like I'm " back" where I was three weeks ago. I do have a 7cm fibroid that is behind my uterus, so I'm wondering if I have a cyst and a fibroid that is causing me over a month of pain. Any adivce or suggestions? From whats been going with me, I'm concerned about "another surgery." I'm 32 and no kids.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Renee how was the cyst diagnosed?  Could they tell it was cyst from ultrasound or did they have to do a ct/mri scan to confirm it.  Sorry i can't help you but I have a 'bulky' ovary found via ultrasound so waiting to have scan to find out more. I have pain in hip, groin and back.

• Posted

Kellers, My cyst was diagnosed by transvanaginal ultrasound. The one they use on pregnant women. It is a complex ovarian cyst. My Dr. wanted to " wait and see" what it would do after I had my last previous cycle. Back in March the cyst was 3cm. As of now, the pain on my lower left pelvic side has my left leg feeling " numb." That's not a good sign sad. I'm thinking surgery, but I could be wrong..I feel for you too, these cyst are no fun sad. How I love pain killers, the sad part is the pain killers cover up the pain, they do not treat the actual situation. I'll keep posted in this....
  • Posted

Thanks.  My 'thing' has not yet been diagnosed hence the further scan.  Obviously I am worried it is more than a cyst, because I think if it was cyst they should have been able to tell - but I am trying not to get too worked up about it until I know for sure what I am dealing with.

reading the forums on here you may indeed need surgery but hopefully that will get rid of the pains you are having now.  Yes, please keep us posted and good luck x

• Posted

Kellers, I have news! My June 5th ultrasound states I have a 2cm cyst on my left ovary which shrunk 1 cm, but I have a 4cm cyst on my right ovary and a fibroid tumor that is 8cms! My doctor wants to do another follo up ultrasound in August. The good news is I haven't been in a whole lot of pain since after June 6th. Matter of fact my cycle is "pretty good." I just don't get it...how does a cyst that is 4cm pops up  within two months when back in March I didn't have a 4cm cyst on my right ovary? I think my female organs are on sterioids or soemthing. I gave up going to the gym now becuase of fear of having a cst rupture or twist. I don't like dates in the ER!! smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.