What's happening to me?

Posted , 11 users are following.

I am 17 weeks post TKR. My knee is hurting so badly and I can't stop shaking!

Over this weekend I have had a tummy bug but thought I was over it so I drove my daughter to an appointment. I started to feel hot and had to sit down.

Its 38 outside and my hands are like ice. My head is hot, I can't stay awake. And I can't stop shaking! Why?

Hubby thinks it's post traumatic because my Aunty died on Friday, I'm not so sure because she was 92, and I was expecting it.

1 like, 83 replies

83 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi Caz. It's poss that your system is reacting to an infection . Do you have a temp. I'm sure this is on your mind. Take care

Robert

• Posted

Hi Robert, yes, I do have a temperature. My hubby says that I have a fever, lots to drink and now I'm tucked up in bed. I will go to the doctors in the morning, this isn't like me.

Thanks for your concern

Caz x

• Posted

Caz, maybe you have the flu or some such thing. Your Dr should know. I suspect we all have our knees so prominent in our minds that it's the first thing we think about, and of course it doesn't help that the knee is hurting. I wonder if some of it is a reaction to giving up the pain pills? Let us know what the doctor says.
    • Posted

Your words are so true, the knee completely overrides every other thing that's going on in our lives.its like a monkey on your shoulder, will we ever be rid of it Joan 
  • Posted

hi caz ... how are you? have you been to docs? what's the verdict? it has been said before, but do be careful, anything bacterial needs attention. i had the flu a couple of weeks ago and was quite embarassed to go to my gp because of it. but he confirmed "err on the side of caution" and prescribed rest. set my knee waaay back and i am back on painkillers but what can you do? god i felt rotten. and i never get the flu ... our immune systems must be so down with what we have been through.
    • Posted

Hi Britta, I just got back from the doctors. She says I have a nasty viral infection and that she has been treating others.She wants to see me again on Friday. She says the shaking may have been a rigor (?) but more likely trauma and stress because I had pneumonia this time last year.

So she prescribed the sofa, tv and rest.

Thank you all for calming me down last night.

​Caz x

• Posted

Hi Caz, get well wishes. You will be back on track in no time. For now, do as told and behave.

Robert xx

• Posted

I can only echo robert, caz ... do as your told and behave. but so glad you went to get it checked out so now really rest. there are moments in life when the flipping knee does not take center stage ;-) get well soon!
    • Posted

Ok ok, I get it, I'm on the sofa, feet up. God this is sooooo booooring, I sound like my grandson!

Thanks guys

Caz x

• Posted

Oh Lord I pity your poor husband. I'll bet if he didn't drink he wishes he could right now. From your injury to illness, he must be banging his head against the wall just to get some relief. Glad to hear you are on the mend. 7-up and chicken noodle soup for you.....scotch for him. Have a good day mate.
    • Posted

Ha ha OFG - 7-up and chicken noodle soup was and still is a staple of ours when we are sick! Remember growing up how 7-up came in bottles and the slogan on them read " you like it - it likes you"? smile

brings back memories.

How are you feeling? How is PT going? 

• Posted

Good days and bad. Overdid it one day, suffered the next. My therapist is on a 10th anniversary trip in Hawaii right now so I'm on my own for a week. We have had an unseasonable warm up with temps in the hi 50's-mid 60's and that really helps. Actually got into the yard to do some of stuff that didn't get done in the fall. My son on law owns a lawn care/landscape company and finally got his crew out to clean out a truck load of leaves. So my neighbors can quit sending me threatening letters now. Felt good getting out but have to be careful not to overdo it. Also got to walk some......up to 1/3 to 1/2 mi.
    • Posted

Hi, just saw this - it's a good job he loves me, isn't it?

Id do the same for him.

Caz x

• Posted

How are you feeling? Did you finally shake the stomach woes and have the heat and fires subsided yet. I was watching BBC America the other night and they had a quick blurb about the fires but couldn't get the location.
    • Posted

Hi, My tummy is a bit sore tonight. I ate some ice cream! So, obviously I still have to keep away from dairy.

I live in Medina, Kwinana, Western Australia. There are fires in Kwinana and Wellard, which is 5 mins away and where my son lives. Baldivis is burning out of control, that's about 7 mins away. My daughter lives in Medina too, very near bushland.

The worlds gone crazy, New York freezes and we burn.

Caz x

• Posted

It has been a strange winter here. It is supposed to hit 73°F here today and be 25° cooler tomorrow, both higher than the norm of 38............then snow and freezing rain by Saturday. We have had only 4" of snow all winter combined where 14" is the average. Been a very dry winter overall but we had 5" in Dec which is rare. I knew it would get bad, I just washed my car yesterday. I need to water my shrubs so they can get through the rest of winter without being killed. With the crazy weather, its a wonder everyone isn't sick

My grandson is a medical assistant in a walk-in clinic. He said they were seeing 100 people a day for nearly 2 weeks before the worst of the respiratory/flu season passed....and we have 4 of this type facility in a city of 135000. Hospital E.R's have been a haven for uninsured illegals as they know they can get help without being turned in turned away. Guess my old age and grumpiness is showing. With another birthday coming I had to get my drivers license renewed yesterday. I looked at the new picture and compared it with the old one. I told the girl helping me I had gone from just a plain criminal to a hardened criminal in just 4 years. She said I should have smiled.....I told her I was, it just do sent show at this age.

• Posted

Haha, you crack me up. I had the same experience when I renewed mine.

I washed my car today, I had fun playing with the hose, nice to be cool. I have an American car, a Chrysler Sebring, it's black so it shows all the dirt.

Des says his ute is best, but he drives my car whenever he can.

Your son must see some nasty stuff. I don't think I could do that job, I panic at the sight of blood.

Keep happy.

Caz x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.