What's just happend?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was lying in bed and fell asleep into a deep sleep writhin a few seconds I was somehow consous but i couldn't move my whole body for like 2seconds not even my eye lids I felt totally frozen then I snapped out of  it am fine now btw I have a anxiety disorder and OCD first time this has happend 

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi George, I am not an expert but this sounds like sleep paralyis. It's where the body is relaxed but the mind is not. Has you say it only lasts seconds and it can be frightning, you are unable to move or open your eyes, it is more common than people realise but you will not die from this. I have suffered these episodes myself thou not had one for ages now. It is nothing to worry about and it passes quickly. Hope this helps.
  • Posted

Good, please feel free to talk if you have this again, thou it can happen several times or you may not get an episode again. Main thing is you will be ok, it's just frightning at the time. Try to not worry.
  • Posted

Yes not being able to open your eye lids is what happens when you are experiencing sleep paralyis. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.