What's the point of feeling positive?

Posted , 6 users are following.

It's stupid to me... I cannot cope any more. I had depression and anxiety last year and began my recovery this year. I worked in the media industry which was stressful and decided to work in a pub during my recovery. Started of great I made some new friends and was really enjoying it. Then I get fired unfairly on the spot just like that. My intention was never to stay long as I had to return to media at some point but my boss came in bad mood one day and fired three people on the spot. I give up I try to do my counselling homework which I struggle with, and it just feels like why am

I bothering myself to feel positive it's a weak persons game because I did and I get it thrown back in my face. God forbid I treat myself during my recovery while I was working now I'm skint because one minute I had a job now I don't. I can't live my life I can't ever just be and be happy with out it been taken away and in fed up

Of trying

0 likes, 4 replies

Report / Delete

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kelly. Don't beat yourself up about it. There's some horrible people in this world, just feel sorry for him, I'm sure you'd rather be you, with a heart, than him. Enjoy your time off not being in the rat race, make the most of it until you return to your proper job. Money isn't everything, happiness comes from with in. Just stay positive and keep smiling. Best of wishes, Annie..
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I , have just come through my second bout of depression. 1st bout, 7 years ago, I was advised by my doc not to try and understand why I was depressed, because it would just do my head in and recovery, would take longer and a higher dose of meds and so on.

So the meds do there thing and last year, started to focus on things out of my control, again, which began to consume me, a repeat of my previous bout. Fell out with my family, wife couldn.t get through to me. Purely because i never knew what cause my bouts and the triggers, as I'd been told not too, 7 years prior.

This time, I wasn't going to make the same mistake, take my meds as I should, going to therapy, and physycologist, as well as exercise. I also question, any negative thoughts or situations that arise, and look for a positive or middle ground between positive and negative, and work toward a positive outcome. And it works, take practise and time

Your boss that came in that day and let 3 people go, could have had any number of reasons, financial worries, problems at home, the list goes on. I would put money on it he's been kicking himself since, not to mention the stress of replacing the 3 staff. His negativity gave him a bigger headache to contend with, for you it's done, over, and the start of another adventure in life, and many more to come.

Always try to find the positive, or middle ground, it takes practice, and set backs, like yours now is the best time to put this skill to work.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

That's awful. Your boss shouldn't have done that and it's definitely not your fault! I know it's stressful when you don't have a job or money, but please don't let it get to you too much. You'll get your job, I'm sure. And as the poster below me said, money isn't everything. Sometimes your health should come first! Staying positive is the best thing you can do!
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hey Kelly. You can't blame yourself for the circumstances that you have no control over! It wasn't your fault that your boss fired you, and it's not your fault that you are now feeling depressed about it. I believe that anyone who has depression and anxiety who gets fired from their job would feel totally worse afterwards. It's normal. We all go through tough periods in life, and it looks like you're having a bit of a rough trot at the moment. But it will pass, trust me. Things always work out eventually, even if it does take time.

In regards to being positive - it helps some people and not others. For me I find it to be quite helpful and it calms me to think in a positive way. I wish you all the best in everything. Don't give up hope. You'll be alright!

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up