What's the point of living

Posted , 8 users are following.

I go through every day feeling depressed. I'm young but I'm not stupid everyone in my family resents me I've thought about self harm but I don't handle being in pain very well.

Everyday I pretend to be a cheerful, funny girl but when I try to go to bed all I can think about is how much I hate myself. If I wasn't in this world the world would be better I'm constantly reminded that by my brother.I cry myself to sleep every night hoping that one day the pain will end but it just doesn't what should I do?

4 likes, 11 replies

Report / Delete

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi there. Have you ever heard that suicide is a permanent decision for a temporary problem? I am so very sorry that you are hurting and I am in no way minimizing that and though you say you are young I don't know how young. But I know that when I was young everything was so..much harder. Much harder and they were magnified made bigger by the facts that I did not feel heard by my family. I did have good friends. Do you have even one good friend to confide in? I hope you can find someone a school counselor anyone that you feel safe with to talk to. We will be right here for you! Promise. Diane 

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi, this is my first reply on this ! I'm in the same boat myself at the moment, don't mind your brother he's just bein a brother,that's what they do sometimes, I'm not great at givin advice but carry on, how old are you you sound young , you've your whole life to lead everythin could change at any time ! Hope this helps

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi why does everyone in your family resent you?  What have you done that's so awful that they will?  Forget your brother,  they are notorious for getting at sisters.  He is just being a t**t because he knows it upsets you. 

Why do you hate yourself?  What's so awful about you that you can feel like this?  Sorry lots of questions but you are using very emotive language and I am trying to get you to think about it.  Have you talked to your parents? Have they said they resent you?  You can't know what other people are thinking unless you are a mind reader!  x

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hey astro

I feel your pain. I went through the same... but im all good now. Look, you deserve to be in this world. If you leave i would be effected and even though i dont really know you and this is my first reply, i do feel for you. Its okay you dont need to cry yourself to bed. Talk to people, tell them everything, how you feel and what not. If that doesnt help then talk to me. Im here for you for anything you need astro. Just remember there are people who love you and i count myself as one of them. Im here for you. Right by your side.

Love Daniel

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

You will leave behind those you love and love you. It will break someone's heart that you have hurt yourself or worse. Think what you have to live for. Write a list and look at it. If you really can't cope see your doctor.

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up