What's wrong with me?

Posted , 3 users are following.

These symptoms appear when I don't sleep well or when there are stresses (stress from collage or issues like that). I'm 22 years old, male.

1.My eyes blinks too much.

2.The muscles of my face are a little bit frozen, so I can not smile or laugh. In other words, My laugh is not as usual.

3.Some people think I'm angry with them but I'm not.

4.I feel like I'm a little bit nervous and I don't prefer to make conversations with people.

5.Rarely, my heart beats faster and it's hard to breath.

6.I can not make eye contact.

7.Sometimes There is water in the eye (but I'm not crying, just water).

These symptoms comes anytime anywhere. The duration is from 5 min to several hours.

When I was younger, I did not feel any thing like that. The symptoms have started to appear 2 years ago.

I googled and I thought it was social anxiety but The symptoms sometimes come when I'm alone at my room.

When I sleep well and there is no stress, The symptoms are less likely to happen but they might appear. I know that a normal person feel uncomfortable when they don't sleep well but my feelings are over compared to the feelings of my friends and other people.

Hearing good jokes or talking to funny person or watching a comedy movies might cause the symptoms to disappear or at least makes them more lite. And that's my starting point, I started to watch many funny movies, read jokes and laugh at anything even it is not laughing. That helps me limit the symptoms but has not stop them yet.

Is it a real disease in my brain or nervous system? Or just a psychological disease? How to treat it?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

If your eyes are tearing up you should have them checked by an opthalmologist. Laughing uses your eye muscles maybe making some symptoms disappear
  • Posted

They say laughter is the best medicine. If only you could access it on tap.

I also struggle with eye contact. I deal with it by looking at their nose which helps and cos it's just below eyes it's unnoticed.

• Posted

Once you have an anxiety disorder and it goes un managed other anxiety disorders intertwine with it. Is it noted as a disease? Maybe more of a disorder, a mal function. Have you discussed this with a therapist? Or a counsellor?  Clearly for everyone when well rested everything functions better. Working out release "good" hormones just as laughing or having a positive outlook. Maybe add that on to your daily regimen. Stay far away from caffiene, junk foods and or partying. That will be be a quick access to misery for you. Be sure to drink lots of fresh water. I know you are a guy and well not sure how guys respond to this but your school most likely has stress relief stuff you arent aware of. Events or classes of some sort. Many college have this now. You would need to look into it. Honestly the special ed departments seem more aware of these events or classes then just making random calls. Not because you are soecial ed but because they are mire on too of the happenings then just randomly calling anyone else. I would say to learn yoga as well. Yes guys to do it too. Guys need to learn to calm breathe and relax just as much as girls so dont allow that be a stigma in your mind. You treat it by becoming aware of it, becomeing aware of your thoughts and aware of your responses to the thoughts. Learn proper belly breathing, how to self calm (yoga, cbt, breathing) seeing a counsellor. The way you view the world, the way you respond to life in general needs to change. 

• Posted

Thank you very much Lisa for your useful information. Your answer contains good suggestions such as drinking fresh water, observing my food, being aware of my thoughts and yoga. Thank you again and I will work on them.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.