what should i do

Posted , 4 users are following.

Pls can anyone advice me?...For the past two months i av been facing challenges shortness of breath and palpitations..Im 32 nor smoker n i dont take alcohol..all my life i have never had any heath issue.I start experiencing these after i took antibiotics n pain killer pills called tramadol..I av did so many text but all came back normal..my doc initially taught is Anxiety..prescribe me stresam which obviously didnt have much impact.. had put me on bisoprolol which i av been taken for about two weeks but the side effect is awful decided to stop it because it given me discomfort I cant do anything all day just to sit and lay down..feeling so fatigue dazzy and having a certain urge to get a deep breath every few minutes...I will appreciate get advice from someone...Thanks..

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hello

Give the medication time to work, say five weeks.

If you are still not happy go back to the Surgery and discuss with yor GP

BOB

• Posted

Hi this is quite normal when suffering from Anxiety have had the same myself still do get it now and then the most important thing to remember that your going to be ok try your best not to think about it only seems worse the more you do think about it do something to distract yourself when this happens reading etc I know it hard but believe me it does go away the less you think about it . you could even try to close your eyes take slow deep breaths in and out and just concentrate on your breathing this works very well . hope this helps    
    • Posted

Thanks lots will try not to think about it and do something to distract me...Once again thanks lots
    • Posted

Thanks lots will try not to think about it and do something to distract me...Once again thanks lots
  • Posted

Hello, Leonald. Sorry to hear that you've been feeling anxious lately. I can say that the urge to take a deep breath every few minutes is very common for anxiety sufferers. This typically is accompanied by feelings of fatigue and dizziness. At some point, you may also experience some pains in your mid-back, because trying to constantly breathe deeply will tense your muscles up. All of these feelings...and I mean all of them...are the result of anxiety. I'm new to this forum and new to many of these feelings, but I think that you (like me) have health anxiety. Keep taking your medicine, give it time to work, and try to convince yourself that nothing is wrong with you. Your brain is just stuck in that fight-or-flight mode. Your symptoms aren't fake, either -- the brain is powerful, and what you feel is real, but it's NOT harmful to you. Just unsettling, upsetting, and uncomfortable. Take it slow, and try to relax. This site has been helpful to me...post here as often as you need to for reassurance...that's what I've been doing. 

Much love, 

Nick

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.