What should I do

Posted , 3 users are following.

About a month ago I was diagnosed with anxiety and panic attacks. I went through a really bad stage where I just didn’t want to get out of bed I thought I was termanilly ill. I honestly thought I had a brain tumour with the dizziness i was getting and headaches everyday. Iv stopped taking the pill and my headaches don’t happen anymore. I had blood tests done at the doctors and everything came back fine they wouldn’t refer me for a Brian scan because I didn’t have the “symptoms” finally the headaches don’t happen. Now a new problem, I went to the walk in centre to have my lower right abdomen checked out as I was getting a tugging feeling every now and then and haven’t been going to the toilet properly for a week now, they sent me immediately to the hopsital for a ultrasound because they thought I had appendicitis. I had bloods done there too, I sat and waited 5 hour for the results to come back fine, they checked chemistry and blood markers? Don’t know what that is. Then brought me back the day after for a ultrasound, all the results came back fine, she did a ultra sound everywhere all over my tummy and on my back. Now Iv been discharged I still get the pains, I didn’t know wether it would be my ovaries? All yesterday. I had growing pains in my legs, I used to get when I was younger and my mum would always say that! It didn’t feel right, I keep getting back ache just all my body aches twitches, strains, cracks, I feel like I’m falling apart! I’m so scared of being termanilly Ill. I had a cold like 3 week ago and my lympth node swelled up under my jaw. I work at a dentist so I got this checked out, they have gone down but I can still feel them! And if always had a little piece of grizzle under my armpit, been there 3 year my doctor checks it said it’s nothing serious it’s a pea size, doesn’t cause me any pain until last night I got really anxious and felt like it was burning, I thought it was my sweat gland, but I just feel like somethings not right or am I just going crazy. Iv had enough, I’m always googling my symptoms and I’m addicted tondoing it because when I read it’s always something serious then I get myself down. I’m only 19 years old, I shouldn’t be like this at such a young age, I don’t know what to do! I feel like when I go to the doctors they just look at me gone out because now anxiety’s on my records they just put everything down to that! 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

So sorry to hear you are going through this. I am 29 and exactly the same constantly googling symptoms and thinking i have a serious illness. I can feel ever ache and pain and i think the anxiety makes it worse. I even paid for a brain mri as i convinved myself i had a brain tumor which came back clear. I have started having counselling as i feel like this is consuming me ever day. Thinking of you x
  • Posted

I'm 50 and I have suffered this way since I was 22. I'm going through a rough time with anxiety at the moment. Hope you feel a little better soon. X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.