what should I do about my trip

Posted , 2 users are following.

My husband and I are vacationing in the Poconos towards end of this month. During this time, we are planning to renew our vows as it will be our first anniversary. We have booked our minister, who wants his payment in form of a donation. Since we wish to have it at our Pocono site, I decided to let the manager know so she won't think anyone is trespassing. She charged me 275.00 for that. My husband snapped out at me, saying that I should not have informed the manager of our plans. I think that he was under the impression, that since we were already going to be @ the site as guests, that we should not have been charged by the manager. I have not put a deposit @ the site for this particular event,but, I did put a deposit for our stay. I am considering putting a deposit for the event despite my husband. Another choice would be to call off the renewal. What are your thoughts on this?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Susan...I have to say I would want to know what the £275 is for and unfortunately as this is yours and your husbands event it can only be both your decisions, but personally I have to say you should go with the decision that makes you comfortable, this is your trip and your renewal....
    • Posted

It. would cover an assistant making sure that the site is well kept and that everything runs smoothly.
  • Posted

I think you should contact the Manager, explain the situation to her i.e. about your husband not being happy about the cost etc and ask what it actually covers. You could as you say consider calling off the renewal as it is only your first anniversary. People tend to save this kind of this for when they've been together for 10 or 20 years.
    • Posted

It would cover an assistant making sure that the site is well kept and that everything runs smoothly.
    • Posted

But, let me ask you this. Would I be in my right mind to ask the manager to waive the fee as this will be our second time @ the site?
    • Posted

Our second time as guests?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.