What STDs can be tested through blood?

Posted , 2 users are following.

what STds can be tested through blood tests?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

hiv and syphilis

• Posted

so chalmydia/trich/herpes/warts cannot be tested through blood? just swabs?

• Posted

chlamydia and trich would be a swab yes. ive heard people on here having blood tests to check for herpes but the best way is to swab the open sores. and as for HPV ive not heard of it being tested for in a blood test. i think they take biopsies of a suspected wart and test it?but im not an expert. but when i have been std screened i had a blood test for hiv/ syphilis and then a swab for chlamydia / gonorrhea. we dont routinely test for trich here

• Posted

i did a full panel std test at my local obgyn. i have crippling anxiety about my health. i tested negative for everything. am i in the clear?

• Posted

i would say so yes. if you have no symptoms and have tested negative then you can stop worrying

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.