What the hell happened

Posted , 3 users are following.

Me again, all calm down below, went off to Germany for a week, ate and drank relatively carefully, no problems apart from a little niggle now and again, back on Saturday and yesterday afternoon worst diarrhea ever, the kind that means you are glued to the loo trying to work out how to reach the sink at the same time as the pains are so bad you think you might be sick.  TMI I know but you get the picture LOL.  Today still a bit delicate.  I cannot for the life of me work out what caused it, there are two thoughts 1) the milk in Germany is long life so did not have a lot  2) I did not take my usual supplements, magnesium, zinc, vit C, pro-biotics. Yesterday I had porridge for breakfast, a cappuccino and an apple mid morning.  I am wondering whether it could be milk related or could supplements be making my Divi worse.  Any thoughts greatly appreciated. 

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi there

I would also consider what you were eating before you went away as whilst it seems endless trying to figure out what causes the flare up it seems like.the niggling pain was the warning before you went away so it probably wasn't what you ate in Germany. Probably good to avoid Apple peel as that's a no no for me. I was eating loads of blueberries this summer and have just had the worst attack ever so I put that down to eating them. Take plenty of rest as well as a doctor just recently told me that during the flare up the infection is like an ulcer on the colon so when you are moving around it doesn't get chance to heal which does make sense. My pains always start on the left hand side and generally get worse but paracetamol does help as well. I also find that any supplements results in pain so avoid any vitamin tabletst but thankfully only get the diarrhoea for a day and no sickness"

This site is wonderful for advice and support and was a real help during the last 6weeks off work (and happy to say just starting to feel normal again) so there are others that can help and support you.

• Posted

Thanks for your reply, I do not usually have problems with apples bu maybe I do now.  I do think it is too many supplements as they are usually hard tablets and probably sit there for too long, but feeling a bit better now as eating liquids.  Take care
    • Posted

sorry forgot to say glad you are feeling better and yes this site is great. I also found out about blueberries the hard way. 
  • Posted

What are we going to do with you ???

How come you are eating  apples ? So you went on a binge, ate too much . I notice

you aren't telling us WHAT you ate, or DRANK 

Probably a combination of everything, AND you left all the good stuff at home rolleyes  Nothing solid , O. K ???? Give your inards time to recuperate frown

• Posted

Hi, too be honest germany's food is all pork and stuff, no veg, so ate pasta with salmon, garlic bread, mc d's, pork and potatoes that sort of thing and just bread type stuff for breakfast, had a couple of cakes and icecreams,I hardly drink but probably had more wine than usual but nothing too bad honestly as I know how I suffer.  As I said to Jennifer apples are usually ok with me, but come to think of it I felt a bit off the last one I had so as you say is may be a mixture of things, it just came out of nowhere with no prewarning which is what freaked me.  Love your little smiley's wish I knew how to do them. 
    • Posted

Moning ,reading your ""Menu "" I am wondering if you know what to avoid

,all the time to keep yor system happy, and your pouches empty .Do you have the Hymn sheet of sufferers ???  Fruit is O.K but peel the skins off

I eat mangoes ,peaches ,nectarines ,melon, and have been known to 

peel grapes.redface Bread blows me up,but I found Warburtons thins are O.k If you eat lots of meat, chew it until it becomes mush

Your coated supplements should not be blamed ,the acid in your

stomach will melt razor blades ,so keep taking the Acidophulus

Take your time when you eat lol

To put faces . Across the top of messages, there  are four boxes,

arrow the third one ,looks like two dots and half a bracket   

• Posted

Hi to be honest when I was diagnosed via colonoscopy last November, I was just handed a sheet explaining what the pouches were.  I do not canulate easily so had gas and air as well as sedative, so was not 100% when the nurse was explaining and did not really ask about what to eat. She did say no tomatoes or seeded bread and a bland beige diet was best hence the reason for eating bread, potatoes etc. I eat a lot of cheese and plain chicken and plain biscuits (beige food).  When I asked my GP she dismissed it and said everyone is different look at Patient UK, hence the reason for my posts on here. So no I not really know what to eat apart from knowing what is bad for me ie sweetcorn, blueberries, now apples.  I also have bad reflux and take esomeprazole and ranitadine daily so my acid is really low.  I do eat quickly and probably do not chew food enough so will be working on that.  This group is really helpful so I regularly check what people are finding helpful.  I have been thinking about what could have have caused my flare up and can only remember eating 1 plum on holiday and my husband reminded me I did have a couple of blueberries in my icecream sundae.  I would really appreciate any advise re what you find suitable to eat.  Thanks take care
    • Posted

google the following--

Dr Axe 3 Step healing for Diverticulitis diet

Divi Diners

Eight Key StepsTo Healing Diverticulitis

There are more ,but these should fill you with knowledge, and the 

right sorts of grub

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.