What the hell is the matter with me?!

Posted , 3 users are following.

So it's been a while now and I can't really say how many doctors I've been to, but no luck whatsoever. I'm a 21 year old and I can say my life has been a bit of a horror for the last couple of years. Sorry for being overly dramatic but I'm a little bit desperate over here   

I must apologise about this insanely long post, but I just need someone to listen! Please help!  

- First of all I have difficulty breathing. Like I can't breathe in all the way or yawn properly, and when I do it feels like I still lack oxygen. It feels like suffocating. Also my nose is constantly blocked. - there's a weird feeling of fullness in my head and pressure in my left ear. I also sometimes get tinnitus in my left ear but it goes away quickly -my tongue and lips feel kind of numb and sometimes chewing or swallowing feels weird - I also feel like my eyes are tired all the time and I can't keep eye contact sometimes like my eyes just drift away. And also they feel quite itchy and watery - my body is generally stiff and achy but mostly neck - there's also a weird feeling in my hands. Stiffnes, painful fingers in the morning and sometimes even like my hands don't belong to me (rarely happens in feet) - my brain sometimes feels foggy - I feel anxious and stressed all the time (even though there's no reason to be and I'm just chilling watching tv or something) - I feel like I can't have a conversation without becoming seriously breathless, dizzy and stiff (like everything worsens then) - my hands feel quite restless and uneasy (which oddly goes away when I wrap my wrists and hands with elastic bandage) - sometimes my heart is pounding so hard I can feel it in my chest (but my heartbeat never raises above 80) - I feel tired all the time like I haven't slept in days even if I sleep a lot - I have trouble falling asleep at night. I feel shaky and wake up many times often gasping for air and this keeps me up until 4-5 am - I also sometimes experience depersonalisation and derealisation  

This feeling never goes away   

And brethlessness, uneasiness in my body and weird numbness worsens if I drink coffe, alcohol, energy drinks, attempt exercise, talk to someone, or talk in general, sing (which is devastating given that I studied singing my whole life and it means THE WOLRD to me)... Thus far I've been diagnosed with iron deficiency anaemia and anxiety, but I was never ever anxious in my life before I started feeling ill which means that my anxiety is not a cause but a symptom and my anaemia is quite mild so I've been told it shouldn't cause any problems (and I take iron supplements every single day). Also pulmologists disagree whether I do have mild asthmaor not, but they also say it's so mild it shouldn't be a problem. I went to several neurologists, cardiologists, otorhinolaryngologists, endocrinologists and many others and all of them say everything is okay. Also my blood work is great apart from iron levels which are a bit low. No one has an answer and they all say I'm quite healthy. This used to come and go for 4 years but it wasn't as bad all the time so I had quite a normal life when it wasn't happening, but since March last year it got so bad I rarely leave the house. Which is very frustrating given that I go to university and I have to work extra hard to make up for the poor attendance record (which is also really hard sometimes because I feel so ill I can't even study). Not to mention I haven't seen any of my friends in so long. I was so desperate I went to see both psychologist and a psychiatrist. But I don't feel like I need it! my head is in a good place but my body is desperate   Even tried acupuncture, life coaching, alternative medicine, NOTHING helped. And they all promised it would be better. 

Someone PLEASE help!! I want my life back!

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Well... If you have the body feels like jelly... Muscles feel achey like.... Heavy eyes and like never feel refreshed 24/7. Then I fit in with what your saying.
  • Posted

Seek a therapist in the anxiety field. It's depression and anxiety. It can create scary things. Our minds are powerful. The therapist should be one that has gone through this themselves. I am here if you are scared. Believe me it is fear creating most of this.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.