What the menopause REALLY does to your body and how to tell when it’s started…Today's installment

Posted , 9 users are following.

Both Anxiousface and Shaznay brought of this series being run this week on DM and I admit, the first installment annoyed me. Won't waste time going over that one again, but I did read today's installment and it seems to be worth having a look over. 

There are so many women, including myself that develop symptoms without realising that they may very well be a part of this "lovely" transistion time.

Have a look and see if it may not be a bit helpful for you or perhaps someone you know. 

I sure wish someone would have thought to write up something similar a few years ago, would likely have saved me a bit of unneccesary anxiety thinking I was for sure losing my mind. LOL! Even armed with this knowledge, there still are those fleeting moments I feel like I am losing it, but due to this site and you lovely ladies and articles such as today's installment are incredibly helpful.

Hoping you all having a lovely, sane day! biggrin

Annie xx

5 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I just read this DM article and was pleased to see that Menopausal Arthralgia gets a mention! this is what I have been diagnosed with - bloody awful sort joints and oh so tight muscles, I hobble some days like an old lady and I am 54... am having serious discussion with my doctor in two days re what HRT she is thinking of prescribing for me, I will go on it with a view that if it doesn't solve my aches and pains in my joints then I will not stay on it, the aches and pains are my biggest bug bear and the thought of the pain continuing for years to come is too hard for me to bare.
    • Posted

Unfortunately girls  we have to face this transition like warrior queens, i am 56 and i know only too well what it feels like getting up from a chair and hobbling around like a 90 year old .

Oh and the occasional  teary episodes, and feeling tired and irritable, i have just got over a bout of stiff neck and right shoulder had to take nurofen plus for 2 days...

Keep strong

Love

Lulu

• Posted

Susan,

I too was so relieved to see that mentioned as over past  few months I really feel like I'm 100. My posture is horrible and I my gait is appalling. Sure hope this passes soon, terribly embarrasing. 

• Posted

Susan, me too! The tight muscles are a nightmare . Please can you let me know how you get on with the HRT if you decide to go down that route. It's something I have been mulling over and like you, I will only stay on it if it helps the muscle and joint pain. Thanks for sharing. Xx
    • Posted

I hate being ignoredfrown
    • Posted

I am alright now because you asked why i was sad so i,m not sad any more

biggrin

• Posted

Lulu

Good! Enjoy your enjoy and feel well! I'm also 56 and hobbling around like 90-100 yr old (depending on the day!) at times. Can't wait for this to pass like everyone else! biggrin

Annie xx

• Posted

The problem with aches and pains is one I can really relate to. I have muscle aches that I never had till a few months ago. Sometimes they virtually go away, but then a stressful restless night can bring them all back.

I used to make a point off getting up before my son did as I felt embarrassed to be lying in bed when he was going to school. Now he is at sixth form college, and quite honestly the aches and pains, restless nights, anxiety, depression, etc make it impossible for me to do that anymore, and I feel really bad about it.

I thought my last bleed which lasted about six or seven weeks and was sometimes light, sometimes quite heavy was my last. I keep thinking I am finally reaching the menopause.   Then last night I started feeling really wound up, practically psychotic, had an argument with my husband, and insisted on sleeping on the sofa - a bad mistake, as it just brought my aches and pains back, and now I realize, my period was starting.

Since there is no proper pattern to them, I never know when its going to happen.

I am having various hormonal tests, and a bone density scan in a couple of days. Maybe they'll come up with some answers!

• Posted

Just a note to tell you lovelies that I am still reading and keeping up with all of you and thinking of all of you!  I have been dealing with some unrelated-to-menopause (oh, BLIMEY!  It might actually ALL be related) health issues that have taken my attention these last couple weeks.  xoxoxo Kim
    • Posted

Kim,

Please take care of yourself and know that we are thinking of you.biggrin

Annie xoxo

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.